• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as black as your soul; rhae
    Rhae
    Love  he called her. Love. How can just a simply word, a simple name, take her breath away?

She walked at his side, happily soaking in the gently guiding nudges each time his skin touched hers. Her eyes were downcast shyly, a serene smile glued in place, but she couldn't help but steal little glances at him. His perfect face, the way his muscles moved beneath his skin, his strong cloven hooves, his lips perfectly forming his words. How did she get so lucky? The most beautiful thing he ever saw, he said, and it sounded like he meant it. Truly. Blue eyes glanced down again, ducking her head to try and hide the wild blush conquering her face. Her smile would never leave again.

"The first time that I saw you, I couldn't control myself," he explained. Oh, a bad memory. The smile faltered just a little, eyes fading sadly. "I was so scared of how you made me feel." Oh! She did that to him? That she could have any kind of effect on someone, especially him, was surprising. But also pleasing. She hoped it was a good thing. But her eyes were still sad and confused, thinking on that day -when he chased her, hounded her so cruelly, made her promise to obey- and her voice was shaky.

You frightened me. Chased me, she accused softly, her eyes welling up at the memory. Would that side of him come back again? She didn't want to be afraid of him, she wanted to love him. She wanted his touch, his affection, those eyes drinking her in like she was something beautiful. She wanted the way his nearness made her heart race. But she didn't want to make him feel bad, not when he couldn't control it. I'm sorry..

The path narrowed and they were forced to press tighter together. She blushed more and tried not to let it show how much it affected her just to feel him. When it opened back up, the wasteland of Pangea spread endlessly before them. Her brows knit together, unsure why they were here. Pangea was..scary. Out here in the open where they  could see her was scary. She slid into the safety of his side. It made her feel like she claimed herself his so none would dare touch her. He wouldn't let them.

Her lips parted and she looked at him in surprise at what he said next. King? That made him.. some kind of a prince? A prince? She knew the king looked much like him, but only thought... maybe a nephew or even just the same creature without relation. There's no way a prince would want anything to do with her. But she saw he was serious, and he pulled her back in closer to him. She followed his gaze back out to the scene before them, chewing the inside of her lip nervously. It could all be theirs, and he wanted her at his side for it all.

Butterflies panicked in her belly, erratic and twisting and fluttering. Did she want all that? No, she would be a terrible..um, queen. That was so ridiculous to even consider. Her? A queen? No way, it wasn't possible. He meant it though, and he pulled away a little to make sure she wanted it too. A kingdom? No, not really. She was just.. her. Pathetic little Rhae. But she wanted him, she knew she did, and if he wanted her -and this- then she wanted it to. For him. Anything for him.

"Don't you want to be here with me forever?"
    Her head said no but her heart demanded yes, so she smiled up at him and nodded. She melted so easily into him, burying her face against his neck, breathing in the comforting -not frightening anymore, no- smell of him. Her blood raced in her happiness, in the perfection of this moment, here at his side. Where she belonged. She finally belonged somewhere. With someone.

Yes, she confirmed into his skin, kissing the muscle in his neck so boldly. Hers. I do want to be with you forever. I love you, Bruise.. With that whispered confession, she felt more terrified of him than she ever had before. The truth was so much more frightening than his illusions ever were.

Messages In This Thread
    as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 12-31-2016, 03:37 AM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 12-31-2016, 12:07 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-07-2017, 08:30 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-07-2017, 09:58 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-08-2017, 01:57 AM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-08-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-08-2017, 09:23 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-09-2017, 06:18 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-14-2017, 12:31 AM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by Rhae - 01-14-2017, 05:39 PM
    RE: as black as your soul; rhae - by bruise - 01-15-2017, 02:05 AM