• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all that glitters is gold - Naira
    Naira hears heavy thuds getting closer and closer to her, seconds before Kreios call out her name and breaks through the trees. His eyes held a combination of concern and confusion, obviously unable to discern what had spooked her so badly. "Yes, I'm fine"she spoke quietly, still shaken up from her dream and embarrassed for waking everyone. "I did yell-I'm so sorry for waking all of you. It was just a nightmare-It's silly, I'm sorry." She dropped her eyes to her hooves, and then swung her gaze up and around the canyon, only now seeing it exposed in full light. "It's so beautiful here. Everything is so alive..." She trailed off, the awe in her eyes telling of the sincerity in her words. 

Against her will, her thoughts drifted back to her dream. It all became very real to her in that second; if they found her, the would take her, kill anyone that stood in there way, and most likely take the other mares as well, making her responsible for ruining the lives of multiple other horses. In that moment, against everything her heart told her, she listened to her head for once and knew what she had to do. 

Naira looked up at Kreios, meeting his dark eyes with her own, "I have to go." She barely spoke above a whisper, "I have to go back. If I don't, they'll destroy everything. They'll kill you." She dropped her eyes at the last part, ashamed at the danger she had already put them all in. "Thank you so much for everything you have given me and helped me with." She smiled sadly, "Goodbye, Kreios." 

She turned and began to trek up the canyon, part of her hoping he would come after her, while the other part knew he shouldn't. 

Messages In This Thread
    all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-03-2015, 04:09 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Naira - 06-04-2015, 12:15 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-06-2015, 10:21 AM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Naira - 06-06-2015, 11:29 AM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-06-2015, 12:12 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Naira - 06-06-2015, 11:49 PM
    RE: all that glitters is gold - Naira - by Kreios - 06-08-2015, 01:31 PM