• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater
    They'd parted on poor terms --entirely his fault-- so he hadn't expected her to.. visit. But damn if he didn't know she was here. No breeze brought her scent to him. It didn't have to. His pulse spiked of its own accord, and his head turned to meet fiery eyes lit with far too much amusement in them. Perhaps his demand that she leave him be had not affected her at all. That was irritating and yet also a little.. relieving.

"Let's see that pretty crown on your head."

A joke, a mocking jest. He thought he should have been able to smile, but he couldn't. His face was locked into a blank stare, confusing emotions reeling through him in surprise at seeing her here. Some bad, some... good --no those were bad too. All bad.

But really. Had she come for him? To see him?
    "Don't flatter yourself."
    God damned woman.

So she was here on official business. Part of him was a little smug at that; that he was raised to her level in a way, no longer her underling to screw with. Not literally, as she made explicitly clear on a number of occasions. Although, he supposed he had made the same clear to her as well. Suddenly that seemed so trivial.

Because his heart was in a panic, and the air became harder to breathe.

The rest of him was agitated. Because if he was stuck thinking of her randomly throughout the damn day, he would hope his absence would have at least ate away at her. Shriveled her up to a pathetic waif starving for him; his smell, his eyes, his touch. Ah, but never his touch. Fragile Nayl would fall apart.

She stepped passed him, and he couldn't help it, he breathed her in. So deeply. God, how long had it been? Nayl.. he purred. He hadn't meant to do it aloud, but then, there it was. Regardless of how impassive he appeared, his eyes revealed his torment to her, and he let them. He didn't shift to face her, carefully keeping his right foreleg planted solidly on the earth, and only followed her with his head. Water once again slid down his slick coat to pool at his feet. A familiar look to this one. And she'd better enjoy this openness while it lasted.

Only here on business? He pulled a dark shroud over the torment. Ah, what the hell, he wasn't standing still any longer. He stepped slowly to her, a faint tinkling, his eyes intense. An almost-whisper...

Would that change if I told you: you are the first thing I see each morning, and the last before sleep takes me?

He stopped mere inches from her skin, a favorite place to be, melting into her heat. Only his breath touched her. Dark blue eyes smoldering. Melt for me..
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-10-2017, 09:48 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-11-2017, 05:52 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-13-2017, 10:22 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 07:42 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-14-2017, 10:09 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 01-14-2017, 11:17 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 01-15-2017, 05:21 PM