• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I See Fire; Wichita, Any
    fiasko
    The instant the mare's eyes fall on her face, the mare's expression falters. Sadness replaces her previous expression and Fiasko’s eye drops. She’s not entirely sure how to respond and shuffles her feet awkwardly. When the mare reaches towards her face she freezes. She’s not often touched, and especially not on her scars. She feels uncomfortable, but she forces herself not to pull away, or make a face. She needs to learn to be more comfortable with others. At least it’s better than instant rejection.

She brushes off her discomfort by responding to Jason’s introduction. Somehow she doesn’t feel quite so awkward when he playfully bumps her on the shoulder and moves to stand beside her. Odd. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Wichita!” And it truly is. She’s glad to have new blood here in the Gates.

Within minutes of the introduction, the sound of hooves crunching through the snow reaches her ears. She turns, and is pleasantly surprised when she realizes that Mast has come to join their little gathering. She smiles pleasantly at the grey stallion and nods in greeting before turning back to Wichita.

As he takes a place on her other side, Mast also notices the mare's state and expresses concern. But Wichita doesn't appear terribly worried herself and replies with a touch of spunk that Fiasko finds charming. She has a feeling that she’s going to like the silver dapple mare.

Jasons suggests they make for the river, and Fiasko nods in agreement. “That sounds like an excellent plan!” She steps out from between the two stallions, and turns in the direction of the river. “Shall we?” Then she begins to walk, trusting that they will fall in beside her. It’s a strange amount of confidence for a mare that, only years before, had been practically afraid of her own shadow!

As they walk, she turns her head to glance at the silver dapple mare. “If you don’t mind me asking, what made you decide to come to Beqanna Wichita?” She hopes Wichita does not think that she’s prying too much!

i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-26-2015, 09:20 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 05-28-2015, 12:48 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Mast - 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-29-2015, 01:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 06-06-2015, 01:51 AM