• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

any
    Rhae
    She kept her head down. She was good at that; keeping her head down, don't get noticed, keep to herself. Somehow, it wasn't always enough. Sometimes it just didn't work.

A laugh, too sweet and genuine to be malicious. It was almost infectious, even through her terror, and a shy smile tried to climb its way to her face. She was disarmed in that moment, in that soothing sound. Her fear dulled though she was still cautious, and her eyes lost the wild fear that had widened them. For once, the unfamiliarity was what put her at ease. Rhae didn't know her, hadn't seen or heard her before. She wasn't one of them, the frightening ones.

"Am I supposed to be afraid?"
    Her feeble little smile widened just a bit in embarrassment. She shook her head "no", but her words were once again lodged within her throat. No, of course not. I guess not.. Fear had never been something she could cause in another. Always the opposite. Not usually fear though, that was a recent thing she learned to feel. Before, it had only been awkwardness, anxiety. Now she had learned to be afraid. He had taught her that.

She introduced herself as Potion. It sounded odd for a name, she thought, but of course did not say so. She inhaled a nervous breath, her eyes falling to the ground. Her favorite thing to look at, it seemed.

I'm.. Rhae, she said softly. Even saying her own name, her voice lacked confidence.

She suddenly felt very self-conscious, looking so thin and haggard, and shifted her weight a bit. She hadn't always looked this way, and she intended to reverse it. It wasn't as though she didn't want to look after herself, or couldn't manage to. She just... Well, she was away now, here now, and eating. So it would right soon. Slowly, but she would get there. Being away from Pangea was the first step.
    Oh, awkward silence. I tend to cause those. It means I'm supposed to speak next.. Um.

Mmm, she hummed under her breath, desperately trying to think of something to say. She was really terrible at this talking thing. After glancing around and fidgeting for a moment, she finally gave up. She shrugged in apology, not even sure what she was sorry for, and continued to eat. Oh, there was something, right?

Oh, are you hungry? I'm sorry.. sorry. You can have this spot if you like..
    So strange, so awkward.

Messages In This Thread
    any - by Rhae - 01-02-2017, 01:24 AM
    RE: any - by Potion|Ecco - 01-05-2017, 10:36 AM
    RE: any - by Rhae - 01-05-2017, 03:35 PM
    RE: any - by Potion|Ecco - 01-06-2017, 03:04 PM
    RE: any - by Rhae - 01-06-2017, 09:16 PM
    RE: any - by Potion|Ecco - 01-08-2017, 11:57 AM
    RE: any - by Rhae - 01-08-2017, 02:13 PM
    RE: any - by Potion|Ecco - 01-21-2017, 11:12 AM