• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

until we see what we've left behind -- open
    After he offers his name, the silence falls again. Nothing more than birds sweetly singing their songs and small creatures rustling about the forest floor to begin their days. Dagro’s ears swivel to catch the subtle noises, something he is so accustomed to. His company had chosen not to respond to his question, which was a fair choice. He wouldn’t push it further. The sound of another creature approaching catches his attention, he finds another mare has joined them. Her coat has a generous amount of contrast, much like his, only her colors are polar opposites of each other - black and white. She also adorns spots where he is simply patterned with jagged blotches.

Her greeting is simple yet pleasant. “I’ve recently returned from a lengthy journey. However the lands I’ve returned to are...not as I remember.” he clears his throat. The nameless mare then speaks, questioning his own remark earlier. “Truth be told I’ve simply been wandering through the night, I arrived..oh about midday two days ago. I took time to rest briefly before continuing my journey. Hours tends to simply blend together when you’re trying to find your bearings.” He shifts his weight to give one of his hind limbs a rest. “Is it really that uncommon to see an early riser around here?” he tilts his head slightly, truly curious. Before returning to Beqanna, his lifestyle had required little sleep and he was often up before dawn.

dagro
    landen x scire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: until we see what we've left behind -- open - by Dagro - 12-30-2016, 12:56 AM