• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Mind is a Fragile Thing [ANY]

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Fear, uncertainty - these are emotions she has rarely had chance to know. She has always been a woman of confidence, of brazen assurance. Even in youth, she had been the one to take the lead. Her brother, her twin, one of the few she has ever loved (with her whole heart, and even if she does not currently know where he resides, she knows he is there), had always followed her lead, participating in her schemes, but allowing her to make the decisions.

Her confidence has brought her wonderful things in life. But then, everything else is so utterly foreign to her.

Perhaps, in a way, she is far more like this mare’s mother, but of course it is something she cannot know (not yet, at least - not with her unique sight stripped from her in such ruthless manner). Still, there is an air about her that she finds intriguing, even from a distance. Perhaps it is that very difference.

Her steps are smooth and sure as she slips from the darkness of shadow into the heavy warmth of the late summer sun. It is the stride of a once desert dweller, confident and graceful. She might not be the beauty of the meadow (not with her narrow shoulders and angular lines), but that does not mean she cannot draw the eye, cannot display the bearing and assurance that she has always claimed as hers.

In moments, she is beside the unfamiliar mare. Though her lips do not smile, her demeanor is friendly and neutral. After a moment of eyeing the stranger with eyes of vibrant blue, she finally breaks the silence. ”You look… uncomfortable. New, I take it?”

After a brief pause, she adds, ”I'm Heartfire, by the way.”

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    The Mind is a Fragile Thing [ANY] - by Tirzah - 12-12-2016, 11:23 PM
    RE: The Mind is a Fragile Thing [ANY] - by Heartfire - 12-14-2016, 03:57 PM
    RE: The Mind is a Fragile Thing [ANY] - by Tirzah - 12-14-2016, 08:30 PM
    RE: The Mind is a Fragile Thing [ANY] - by Nier - 12-14-2016, 09:00 PM
    RE: The Mind is a Fragile Thing [ANY] - by Tirzah - 12-16-2016, 11:16 PM
    RE: The Mind is a Fragile Thing [ANY] - by Nier - 12-17-2016, 02:06 AM