• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing's only words; birthing
    She is relieved when the stallion shows nothing but patience at Taiga’s enthusiasm. It is, she supposes, at least one of Taiga’s less frustrating traits - that is, it is far more endearing than her rebelliousness, her frequent belligerence, and tendency to insult her siblings.

The girl in turn responds positively to Magnus’ indulgence, grinning widely and bouncing a little on the spot. “Well duh! I live here too. I’m Taiga.”

Eira grimaces at the slightly condescending tone that enters her daughter’s voice. It’s not … outright, disrespectful. But it’s toeing the line enough that it makes Eira wonder where the girl is headed next. Magnus comments on Taiga’s enthusiasm, labelling it as a hunger for knowledge and zeal for life. Eira knows better (at least in Taiga’s case), but she simply smiles and nods, letting it be. Hopefully the girl will keep her tongue in check for once.

And, thank god, for the moment she does, and Eira watches, relieved, as the chestnut girl dances back to her mother’s side, flaring her wings. Eira takes the opportunity to engage the stallion in conversation. “I must admit, I haven’t run into too many other horses since coming to Tephra.” To be completely honest she’s left most of the new ‘kingdom’ business to Weir, though it has become very clear lately that he really has no interest in becoming involved (which she can’t blame him for - she has no interest either). “Would you be able to tell me a little bit about this place?”
    EIRA
    nothing's only words, that's how hearts get hurt

Messages In This Thread
    nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 11-20-2016, 11:12 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 11-27-2016, 11:00 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 11-29-2016, 06:42 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 12-06-2016, 02:53 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 12-13-2016, 01:29 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 12-26-2016, 01:14 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 01-05-2017, 02:02 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 01-07-2017, 07:58 PM