• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    Raising her brows, Djinni tosses her head in the manner of a girl who teases 'what're you gonna do about it', as Nayl snips at her. She knows that the pied mare is no more serious than she is, but the playful nature of thier interaction ends (at least on Djinni's end) as soon as the stallion emerges from the sea.

He does not seem to see them, and Djinni watches - her sea green eyes a little narrowed - as he all but sneezes on them. Nayl says what she is thinking - perhaps a but more acerbically. The stallion seems properly chastised, backing away, but then he sprouts wings and comes forward once more, and Djinni takes a single step back to stand more equally beside Nayl. She doubts that the stallion means them any harm and is even more sure that Nayl can take care of herself, but there is far less risk of bodily injury when one simply isn't there to be attacked rather than dodging a blow.

The sudden appearance of wings makes her pause, and she breifly considers sporting a pair of her own, and decides against it. She has never wished her mind an open book and so it is not. Still, there is something uncomfortably probing about the red stallion - something that confirms her suspicions of magic - and so she explicitly wishes herself safe inside her own mind, the way that she knows Nayl is. With it, she wishes him to forget whatever it is he might have learned without her explicit permission. He'll still have Nayl's name, since Djinni had said it aloud, but the rest of her secrets are as safe as they have always been.

"I'm Djinni." The tobiano grullo replies, "And this is Queen Nayl of Nerine." There is more she could say but does not, and when he invites them to venture farther onto the island she looks to the piebald queen for conformation. This is her party, after all, Djinni is only tagging along. As she turns, she catches sight of another approaching figure, this one female with a rather lovely coat. Djinni is - as she often is - tempted to change herself to match - but she refrains, instead only nodding her head in greeting and saying, "I'm Djinni.

ooc: i posted this then saw ea had replied. my b!
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 12-03-2016, 02:52 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Djinni - 12-09-2016, 07:27 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ashley - 12-10-2016, 07:13 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 12-11-2016, 08:18 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ashley - 12-12-2016, 09:40 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Ea - 12-12-2016, 02:27 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Djinni - 12-12-2016, 02:47 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 01-08-2017, 10:27 PM