• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

paint it black; any

we’re on each other’s team…
    Of course the boy is not alone. His spots mark him well, and his mother knows this. So as Iasan is left to scramble for words to reply to the big hairy man he so carelessly ran into, there is enough time for another woman to side-step him, barely giving him the time of day. Words fall from her mouth like sticky sweet wine dripping to the ground, promising a home, and quite possibly something else if the bearded one were to make a home with her. Iasan does not know her. He does not care. But he stands up, and looks up at the big man, finally finding his words. “She is certainly nearby, Sir.” His body does not move, but his eyes waver to the other, and notice the way she slinks in to make her kill—perhaps like a viper slithering after a mouse. Iasan does not know politics. He is far too young for the shenanigan nonsense of grown-ups. He looks back at the man, still standing in his shadow, braving his fear to talk again.

“My name is Iasan. You…like Caves? We have caves. I…p..play in them whenever Mama and I are home with my sisters…Sir.” He shuffles his feet. Feeling out of place and silently begging his mother to show back up, he finds himself in the middle of a political scandal in the making.

Little does he know Reagan is watching. She is always watching.

Within Lior’s shadow—as it was cast across the field—it is seen that the shadow begins to move of its own accord. It stretches and moves, and a soft echo sounds across the expanse, as the shadow becomes flesh, and suddenly, where there was nothing…Stands a grey mare with green-tinged hair and dark grey points. Iasan is happy to see her—of course he is—but for the first time, he makes no move to go to her. Reagan finds that she is proud of her son for keeping his stance. She looks past the stallion, to the other woman. “Nayl.” She nods, the other female known to her. She could care less where the queen of the Coast gets her rocks off. She says nothing else. Iasan must learn to do this for himself.

Better to start off young.

Messages In This Thread
    paint it black; any - by Lior - 12-04-2016, 12:06 AM
    RE: paint it black; any - by Reagan - 12-04-2016, 05:37 AM
    RE: paint it black; any - by Lior - 12-04-2016, 08:01 PM
    RE: paint it black; any - by Nayl - 12-04-2016, 08:52 PM
    RE: paint it black; any - by Reagan - 12-05-2016, 05:40 AM
    RE: paint it black; any - by Lior - 12-05-2016, 10:51 AM