• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran

It was very out of character for Rodrik to warm and welcoming to others he did not know. In fact, it was only normal for him to be warm and gentle to those he truly cared about, such as his family and very few selected friends. But, then again, friends were something very different than what others thought friends were. Rodrik is always a ruthless and cunning individual that hunted for getting what he wanted. He was not stupid of how to work with others and use them for his own benefit. He was power-hungry individual with mastered skills and resources to match to get whatever he wanted.

However, in this moment, he is weakened and vulnerable. The constant anxiety and having to look over his shoulder had made him weary. Wandering thoughts and constant nightmares have kept him up for more than weeks at a time. He knows he must put an end to this madness, this worry that he will be taken a prisoner again or it will be surely the death of him.

Rodrik is quick to flick the switch on as it had been turned off at acknowledgment of her words. He would’ve narrowed his gaze at her and simply dismissed her for being a small-minded mare with nothing better to do, but Rodrik was here for something else. It was the very skills and who he was that he must rely on to continue forward. “The days have been long,” he says simply and dismissing anything more on the matter. He would not allow such vulnerability be shown so easily and freely. If anything, he must get his head back on his shoulders before he ruins himself in this pitiful anxiety he has dug himself into. “I’m Rodrik by the way.” A name that stood for something at one time.

“This is Beqanna.” A land that gives and takes, teaches and steals, he wants to say but does not instead. It only mattered who you spoke to and what their opinion of Beqanna was. “It seems though you have come at a good time.” He rolls his shoulder casually at his words. “We’ve had bit of a change here, a bit of a reckoning for paying a price apparently we owe.” A slight grin lifts from his corners. There is a hint of mischief in his nutmeg gaze as her eyes turn back to look at him. “I suppose it’s a bit of a second chance to make amends for who we’ve become.” As if who he was had been so bad.

Rodrik
    angels banished from heaven have no choice but to become devils
    character info: here | character reference: here | image © uribaani

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran - by Rodrik - 12-04-2016, 04:01 PM