• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Way of the Wolf; Any

Illae watched as the golden filly landed from the skies and came to nestle beneath the cosy concave of one of her father’s great wings. The familial bond between the pair was obvious, and her lips slipped into a faint half smile although the wash of despondency trapped within her eyes remained unchanged. She had never experienced the same sort of tenderness or encouragement from her mother. Life had been hard, devoid of love, or rather, devoid of the expression of love, because deep down, instinctively, Illae knew her mother must still have loved her. She would not be here if it weren’t true.

Despite this, Illae harboured no bitterness towards them for it, she was glad for them, that they could form such a bond in a world so endlessly vast, so lonely. One day, perhaps she could share in the same, one day…

“Hello.” she half whispered in return, her voice an echo of what it once was in the time before her world had lost most of its lustre. She did not think she was much older than the golden girl, perhaps a season or two. Yet her mind no longer felt as young, her foal-hood lost to her prematurely because there had been no choice. “Your wings are beautiful against the sky.” She complimented shyly as a part of her wondered if flight would grant her a freedom beyond the aimless drifting she had succumbed to. It could never change what had happened, I’d still be alone…

Her sad thought broken by the kindly stallion’s voice and deep chuckle. “My mother named me Illae,” she told them softly. Her mother had called her many things.

“Are you here in the field seeking a home”
    Was she? Did she need a home?

Her home, however harsh and uncomfortable had been against her mother’s flank, they had wandered far and wide, she did not think it was something that could be replaced, perhaps if she had been younger…  “I… do not know, I seek something, I ….” She paused, her calm composure beginning to tremble, beginning to crack. She looked away, the sadness welling in her eyes, threatening to fall from the cusp of her lower lid. She was too ashamed for them to see.

“I don’t want to be lost anymore.” She says into the air away from them, her words perhaps muffled by the wind. “I don’t want to become what I’m becoming.” which was empty.

Messages In This Thread
    The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Ruan - 11-23-2016, 08:05 PM
    RE: The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Illae - 11-24-2016, 08:23 PM
    RE: The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Heda - 12-02-2016, 11:15 PM
    RE: The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Ruan - 12-03-2016, 07:12 PM
    RE: The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Illae - 12-04-2016, 07:35 AM
    RE: The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Heda - 12-12-2016, 08:37 PM
    RE: The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Ruan - 12-13-2016, 09:07 PM
    RE: The Way of the Wolf; Any - by Illae - 01-12-2017, 10:54 PM