• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn]
    azlyn.
    Her mind wanders (following the path Ashley’s comment had laid out for it), and for a moment, an image of Lestrade floats in her minds eye. Lestrade, as she’d seen him last - scared by the flames. Fleeing. Alone.

She hasn’t seen the boy since that day, since the fiery stallion had attacked and scared her son into the woods. She’d searched for him after, but his trail had died on a trek through a canyon and she hasn’t been able to find a single sign of him since. She’s hopes he’s alright, wherever he is. He’d be a grown stallion now, almost 12 years old. Does he have a home, a safe place? A family of his own?

Funny, to be thinking of him now. She hasn’t actually thought of him in a while … not since … well, not since that first day she’d run into Ashley in the woods. She’s just been so distracted lately. It’s been kind of nice.

Her thoughts are suddenly pulled away from her son by a soft, gentle touch, and her breath catches in her throat as she realizes that Ashley is leaning against her, attempting to make amends for his jibe. She’s frozen for a moment, startled … though not unpleasantly so. A warm sensation spreads through her. For some reason he makes her feel … safe. Comforted. And, dare she say it … affectionate.

“It’s alright. I have a lot of past … a hazard of immortality.” She smiles wryly, though the expression does not touch her eyes. Comforted though she is by his embrace, the memories of her lost son still ache. “Most things remind me of the past these days.” Especially considering she’s had little else to occupy her thoughts. Well, until now.

She feels slightly awkward, not having intended on sharing so much so soon, but Ashley soon offers her a line and she can’t help but chuckle. “You wish! You simply … caught me off guard!” She smiles fondly at him. “But, I appreciate your offer. I … think I will take you up on it.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn] - by Azlyn - 12-03-2016, 07:41 PM