• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn]
    Well wasn’t this an interesting turn of events.

She was no longer mouthing off at him.

To tell the truth, it freaked him out a little that she had become as mellow as she suddenly was. Ashley knew he had hit a sore spot. He said nothing. He pulled his body close to hers and allowed the heat from his pelt to give her some sense that there was at least someone there for her. The breeze was quiet, and Ashley’s body wound its way around her, seeking to give her even the smallest comfort. “I’m sorry,” he breathes, suddenly contrite. “I did not mean to remind you of the past.”

Ashley’s magic allowed him to see the future, and the past, and he looked inside her mind to see the children that he had birthed—and that they were, for one reason or another, no more. Or if they were, they were no where around here. Life and limb aside, Beqanna had been razed to the ground. Chances of them finding them to these shores was not likely.

“I suppose in the battle of wits, I come out victorious” he says at last, pulling away from her, attempting to put away his emotions. “If you need a home, you are welcome to share mine. It is an island off the coast from here, and it is insular to the treachery of the forest. A good place to forget your past.”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn] - by Ashley - 11-30-2016, 07:19 AM