• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd rather die than give you control; nier
    NIER
    He studied this odd creature before him passively. Of course he wanted his invisibility back, otherwise he would not still be standing here. It irked him that this child seemed to have what he wanted, or a way to retrieve it perhaps, and was clearly aware that he held the power here.

"It is a shame you must yell so loud to distract from the rattling of silence in your mind," the boy said smoothly, a deadly grace in his demeanor. Nier ignored his insult. His own response was simply an easy barb ready to throw at anyone who bothered him, tossed out in annoyance. Normally it did the trick and people tended to back off. Not this one, but then he didn't really want him to, did he. He had something Nier wanted.

The colt's pretty face twisted into something akin to disgust, and the elder's eyes narrowed warily. As though it were entirely natural, cold fear chilled his blood. Gooseflesh broke out across his skin and he glanced down at it. He was old, perhaps older than he looked, and was no stranger to the vast variations in abilities some possessed. Had he not been so experienced, he perhaps would have easily fallen prey to the sensations that felt so genuine. The boy was powerful.

Golden child tugged harder at his emotion as he continued his speech. Nier's ears flattened, locking away the building terror that he knew was not truly his but he still felt as surely as though it were. Didn't your mother teach you not to play with your food, he ground out evenly, leveling him with a pointed stare. He had no intention of becoming anyone's meal, his old bones were much too dry and bitter for even the most vile creature's taste.

".. and you have the gall to ask what I want," he'd said before finishing with a question.

You asked what I'd do to get back what was taken from me, he explained to the child, sore that he even had to do so. Was he so focused on his games he couldn't even follow their short conversation? I asked what you wanted for it, if you even have such a power. Now you ask what I seek? Is it not clear that I seek what you have offered?

Tell me what you want for it, and restore my power. Then you can be free to play your games on one more easily fooled.
    He stood solidly, bloodless wings folded naturally across his slate-gray ribcage. Whatever this boy would ask of him, it probably wouldn't be good. But did he really give a damn? For his invisibility back, he'd no doubt follow through with anything easily enough.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd rather die than give you control; nier - by Nier - 11-20-2016, 12:11 AM