• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  [M] Love me, hate me, but oh please hurt me; Dovev
    His dark coat was pressed against hers for warmth. He hated the cold, but he was quickly growing to enjoy how it forced them closer together. If he could always be at her side, he'd never want for anything else. Especially if he could take care of her on his own. It would happen soon. He would find someone to train him and become the very best for her.

He felt eyes on him, a sharp enough gaze to sense. An ear flicked back and he turned his head, scanning the nearby souls until he landed on the fiery one. Not quick enough though, as the painted colt was already charging towards him with a wicked smirk and a single purpose. Whatever that was.

Dovev nudged his mare firmly, ears pinned back warily, then stepped away from her in perparation to keep whatever this was away from her. If a single hair of her perfection was out of place from this, the boy was going to die. He'd moved a safe distance from her, then moved a few steps further. And just in time, as the other colt's teeth shot out for him.

As if time held still, he considered his options. It didn't take long. He'd never been bit before, not even playfully, and he decided if he were to become a fighter, he would need to know what could happen if he failed. He needed to know how much pain to expect. So he steadied and let it come, clenching his teeth and hissing as his shoulder bore the mark of the attack and bled.

He knocked the boy away roughly with his head, ramming him to break his contact. His attacker was larger, taller. It was new for him to see that, having been always at Cerva's side and seemingly more bulky than the stallions they'd passed by. It was sobering to come across someone who looked to be his age but was bigger. He thought for sure he'd matched up to full-grown stallions and this one was still a colt yet.

The stranger danced away and circled around. Dovev stood still, watching him calmly but cautiously. He didn't feel as threatened as he probably should. To him, it was a learning experience. Finally a way to see what he would one day train to guard from, to look out for. His black eyes analyzed the painted colt's movements, catching the faintest change in his eyes as he taunted him with words. Where there was emptiness before in the stranger's gaze, was now a hunger. He wanted some part of this. A toy to play with perhaps. Or something else.

"What are you looking at?" he'd goaded. "Do something about it."
    As you wish, he responded evenly, trying not to let his inexperience show through the defiance in his stare.

Dovev eased into movement, circling with him and keeping him in sight. Waiting for an opening or something to happen. He'd never done anything like this and was unsure, he only cared to keep it away from his mare. The reminder that she stood not far away, possibly in danger, forced him into sudden action.

He threw himself across their rounding path, aiming a matching bite to the boy's shoulder. At the last second he feinted to the side, throwing his weight into his forelegs and twisting his rear to kick out at him.

He quickly took up their circling again, sharp eyes focused and watchful. Waiting for whatever would come next.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Love me, hate me, but oh please hurt me; Dovev - by Dovev - 11-19-2016, 12:04 AM