• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am so infinitesimal; Djinni
    Is this really happening? Is this really possible?

Is she finally going to get a trait, after all this time? Is she really no longer going to be the traitless one in the family?

And what does she want? Djinni’s open offer sets her mind afire, whirling at the myriad of possibilities. She could really have anything, from the sound of things. Anything she wants.

It’s staggering to think about.

Her mind slips to her own family, thinking of their own gifts. It would be nice to have something that ties into their gifts, something that seems to at least belong to the family. She thinks of her parents’ and Scholar’s cryokinetic abilities, Newton, Taiga and Elora’s shape shifting (or form shifting in Newton’s case) …

Shapeshifting. It would be nice to have another form to shape into … one more useful than Taiga’s own snowman shifting abilities. She can’t help but imagine the jealous look on her younger sister’s face. “Some sort of shapeshifting …” Yes, that would do nicely.

But what kind?

Her mind is suddenly drawn to home, that is, their original home, the Tundra. Despite it’s at times inhospitable nature, the old kingdom had teamed with life. Ptarmigan, caribou, lemmings, wolves …

“A hare, like her mother’s old spirit animal, ”Oh! Or a stoat!”

And then suddenly she hesitates. Old memories resurface, memories of stories told on cold nights, where she and mother and Taiga had huddled together to keep warm - tales of the damage “Wait.” Her amber eyes refocus, narrowing at the grullo mare. “What is your price?”

Messages In This Thread
    I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 09-29-2016, 11:01 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-02-2016, 12:38 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-03-2016, 12:01 AM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-12-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-15-2016, 12:44 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-22-2016, 09:53 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-25-2016, 01:51 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 11-01-2016, 04:05 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 11-07-2016, 02:31 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 11-18-2016, 11:25 PM