• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i have never known peace; violence

violence

She doesn’t need a kingdom to rule, not when she has her bones.
    (Which she doesn’t have, not now. She forgets so easy.)
    She finds no power in titles, prefers to forge her power through performance – she recalls vividly the way the girl’s eyes had looked, wide and terrified, as Violence’s bones had danced closer and closer. Kiss them, she’d said to the stupid girl, and the girl hadn’t listened, and, well --
    But that’s not the story here.

The story here is this boy, who has manifested like some deus ex machina, here with a sweet promise on his lips, a promise of help. Of restoration.
    Wholeness.
    Her eyes bespeak her hunger but her voice is calm, even.
    “I’m powerful,” she says, simply, “before… this, I could animate the dead. I could possess minds; make people do whatever I wanted them to.”
    A bit of a lie – her possession had not been so refined as the necromancy, she did her best work when their minds were willing and open, or if they were particularly stupid. Most minds fight against her piloting them. But she doesn’t tell him this.
    “Perhaps there’s a dead relative you’d like to speak to,” she forges on, “or someone who you’d like to make listen to you. Do your bidding or such. I could help you.”
    It’s a price she’d pay gladly – someone else’s blood for her powers. An easy trade.

I’d stay the hand of god, but war is on your lips

Messages In This Thread
    i have never known peace; violence - by bruise - 11-13-2016, 06:42 PM
    RE: i have never known peace; violence - by violence - 11-16-2016, 05:42 PM