• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got the light to fight the shadows; kade
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    The baby moved. Yeah, okay, it’s a fucking weird feeling, like some kind of little alien tickling my insides, fluttering and tumbling and just weird, but there’s a bizarre kind of magic to it. To the rush of love that washes over me, to the ridiculously beatific smile on my face, or the way I just want to snuggle up with Rhory and be cozy and close and hear him murmuring hello to our little one. Oh, everything’s perfect! We have a home, we have a baby on the way, I haven’t felt this damn good in a long time.

Except Kade looks...off. Tense, not really looking right at me, just...off. I cock my head, and I’m about to ask him what the hell’s up when he bows his head and congratulates me, then he’s all eye contact and smiles and confusing. “Huh?” The ligh--my eyes go wide as I finally notice what he’s talking about. “Holy shit!” And then I’m grinning from ear to ear, reaching for the light and coaxing it into a quieter, gentler glow. “Yeah, that’s what I was talking about,” I murmur, gathering it all up into a soft orb of light that pulses gently in time with my heartbeat. “Oh, hello there, love. I’ve missed you so much.” I rubbed my cheek against the orb that was just solid enough to be tangible, warm and cozy and a little bit squishy, but it’d give under too much pressure. Then I looked back at Kade, who was still watching me intently.

“What?” I look down at myself, checking to make sure I’m not covered in something. Mud? Did I sneeze and manage to cover myself in snot and I just didn’t notice? Nope. Ah, but then he’s asking about the baby. And the little one flutters again at his question, like it’s saying hello. “Yeah, actually. Baby’s doing backflips or something.” His eyes drift to my belly, and I grin. “Too tiny yet to see it on the outside. Little moonbeam’s just a teeny thing, but give it a few months and you’ll see hooves trying to kick their way out of my sides.”

Ah hell. I try really hard not to duck my head and blush and mumble some kinda explanation to cover that squishy little nickname. Maybe he won’t notice. Except my eyes definitely went really wide when I realized what I said; when I notice, I narrow them at him immediately. One word, and I’ll sink my teeth into him again. One word, princess.
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got the light to fight the shadows; kade - by Arrya - 11-16-2016, 03:12 PM