• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn]
    She was mouthy. That’s all there was to it. And he couldn’t get enough of her. He huffed, pumped his wings and the petals on the forest floor kicking up around Azlyn, turning her a forest green as the lichen come to rest upon her back. Who looks like mold now?

He flipped his tail and stretched, arching his back as the feathers fell from his body and the bones of his wings shrunk away into his skin. His body cracked and lurched, and for the moment, Azlyn was forgotten as his body split open and the blood poured out onto the thirsty soil at their feet. Once upon a time, the vanity that was Ashley would not hesitate to only put his best foot forward. He was always the consummate gentleman, and perfect to the eye in every way. Now, the old man who couldn’t care less was coming to the fore, and the power bristled off him as his body contorted to reveal the power of a magician—that there were no rules.

Pushing himself back to rights, he looked at Azlyn and leveled her in the eye, narrowing his gaze upon her. He wanted to scare her. He wanted to get under her skin. He wanted to stretch her open and find out what it was that made her tick. As for him; he itched to get back in the water. Being in this skin was causing him awkwardness. Like he had to pretend to be the consummate gentleman of old.

He was no longer a King. He was just a man. A very agitated one at that.

“There are many things I could become. And many things I know.” He stops and looks up at the clouds, looking for some semblance of rain. Anything wet. Anything to make him feel like he wasn’t going to peel out of his skin, when all he wanted to do was go and swim. “Why have I constantly been on your mind? Surely you have come back to family and love of your own. If there are any who can put up with that smart mouth of yours.”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn] - by Ashley - 11-16-2016, 12:07 PM