• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and this time I'm not leaving without you; Epithet
    find what you love … and let it kill you
    They had gone into a stasis. The coming of this world—the one that they all shared, where her blessed body was no more than a blank canvas for the taking of the horizon—was indeed a Reckoning, and the slow madness that was overtaking her was coming. A reckoning of her own.

Epithet would remember herself as she pulled through, awakening to a new day with her little pitch daughter Leola trailing behind her, the girl growing ever more weary of seeing her mother losing herself into the magic of her blood. For without her gifts, Epithet was no more special than she was insane… and as this writer is learning, the level of her madness has yet to fully be discovered. And so the wind blows and the snow falls, and the ponds and creeks have frozen over. Epithet blinks, her lashes sifting through the snowflakes, looking for some sense of clarity and finding none.

Leola also looks around, her body growing a thick fuzzy blanket to deal with the chilling winter—much like the one from last year, when she was much smaller. She could tell that there was power in her own blood, even if she could not quite remember what it was. All she knew was, she wanted her father to fix her mother. She wanted someone to care.
    Epithet

Messages In This Thread
    and this time I'm not leaving without you; Epithet - by Marlyn - 11-13-2016, 04:20 PM
    RE: and this time I'm not leaving without you; Epithet - by Epithet - 11-15-2016, 05:01 AM