• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn]
    azlyn.
    She can feel more than see the irritation that rolls off him. She also can’t help but enjoy it. Just a little.

Then he shakes his head ( a rather showy motion that travels from the nape of his neck down to the tip of his tail), sending a spray of colour raining down around them. She supposes it’s supposed to be impressive, and in a way it is, but her foremost thought is that he’s got too much power for his own good. “Show off.”

His next words however, make her breath catch in her throat. “And how unbecoming is it of someone who pretends to be a righteous bitch as a front, but spends her days pining after him like a little girl? How hypocritical does that make you?”

The gears turn in her head, connecting dot after uncomfortable dot. Magic. Magic can involve telepathy? Shit.

She hasn’t met enough magicians in her life (that is, none) to have really thought about what magic entails. She hadn’t really considered the possibility of him being able to read her own thoughts … whoops. Well the cat’s out of the bag.

She exhales quickly, attempting to recover. He’s wrong about one thing after all - she hasn’t been pining. “Pining? Well someone thinks quite highly of himself.” She raises her head to look disdainfully down her long violet nose at the angry look on his face. “I won’t pretend that I haven’t thought of you, but I haven’t exactly been suffering mental anguish of the lack of your presence in my life.” She pauses, as if considering. “More like … contentment. Peace even.” She hasn’t had to deal with comments like that after all.

Her brown eyes travel back over the rest of his body appraisingly before rising back to meet his own. “Much better by the way. You look a lot less like something that died on the bottom of the ocean.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Tired of feeling lost, tired of nothing left [Azlyn] - by Azlyn - 11-15-2016, 01:05 AM