• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the road to ruin - Naira
    Naira just nodded slightly at his sudden realization, and waited for Kreios to continue his description of his home. He didn't go into great detail, but the suddenly distant look in his eye warned her not to press for more, at least not now. Maybe growing up here wasn't all that she thought it would be. The golden mare leaned her shoulder against his and pressed her muzzle against the stallion's neck, aiming to comfort and give some solace to the hardships he must have endured in the past. "I understand." Naira said this quietly, hoping to snap him gently out of his reverie. She smiled lightly at the concerned tone in his voice when he suggested that they venture into the Orange Country for the night. She was grateful that she was making the journey with him, of all the other horses it could've been, especially the painted stallion that they had encountered earlier. It seemed that Kreios genuinely cared for her. The hope that appeared in his dark eyes when he finished speaking warmed her inside; it was a nice change from the somewhat wounded look he had given earlier after his brief description of his early years. Though the thought of the supposedly steep trail made her grimace slightly, she knew it was nothing she couldn't handle. She nodded with a sleepy smile, hoping she didn't allow too much exhaustion to creep into her voice and eyes, "That would be wonderful," already thinking of the hopefully dreamless sleep that was so very near in her future.

After agreeing to start making the trip to the Orange Country, she began to explain. "I haven't slept or rested for days," she started  softy. "I was just too scared that..." She shook her head, clearing her mind of the unhappy thoughts. He didn't want to hear about the dark things that were only barely in the past. "It doesn't matter now." She dropped her eyes to the fine sand beneath her hooves. "It's all finished now." She said this with a definitive edge to her voice that she wasn't sure she believed herself. She held her head high, and with a sudden burst of energy that seemed to be gained from the desert itself, or possibly the horse standing tall at her side, she picked her feet up one at a time, ready to begin the second part of their journey. Naira took a few steps towards the canyons and looked back at Kreios. "I'm ready when you are. I would love to come back tomorrow and explore a bit more, it seems that the desert holds many secrets." She trailed of at the last part, a faraway look in her eyes. She admonished her mind for drifting so often, and gestured towards the large stallion. "Lead on."

Messages In This Thread
    this is the road to ruin - Naira - by Kreios - 06-01-2015, 01:36 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - Naira - by Naira - 06-01-2015, 10:36 PM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - Naira - by Kreios - 06-02-2015, 10:10 AM
    RE: this is the road to ruin - Naira - by Naira - 06-02-2015, 05:10 PM