• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am so infinitesimal; Djinni
    Djinni sees through her excuses, though Lumi knows it not. She reminds Lumi that even if she moves away, she could visit them, and that they could still visit her. That last particular thought sticks in her mind for a moment - she thinks her father would like Nerine, and it’s seals, seagulls, and other ocean creatures. He’s always had such a love and curiosity for the natural world.

Not only that, but sounds very much like what her brother has done. Newton had left years ago, to be with Sahm, but he still visits, and brings his whole family along. Her parents would miss her if she left, for sure, as much as they miss Newton, but it wouldn't be permanent, it wouldn’t be forever.

And with that one reminder, her barriers to the idea ever so slightly, start to buckle.

Djinni speaks again, and it takes Lumi a few moments to recognize exactly what the mare is suggesting. “What do you mean, you could make sure I leave with something to make her jealous?” Her heart is beating quickly now, hope and excitement welling up inside her. Before the change, she’d always imagined that she’d work her way up in a kingdom and gain a trait … but the change had ripped that chance from her. Later, she’d entertained the fantasy that some magician would take pity on her and give her something, but she’d never really thought it a real possibility. Not to mention the danger in making deals with magicians …

But despite her mind urging her to stay cautious, her heart leaps ahead. How can it not, when the possibility of gaining the one thing she’s always wanted is right in front of her? “Are you a magician?”

Messages In This Thread
    I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 09-29-2016, 11:01 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-02-2016, 12:38 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-03-2016, 12:01 AM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-12-2016, 07:05 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-15-2016, 12:44 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 10-22-2016, 09:53 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 10-25-2016, 01:51 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 11-01-2016, 04:05 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Djinni - 11-07-2016, 02:31 PM
    RE: I am so infinitesimal; Djinni - by Lumi - 11-18-2016, 11:25 PM