• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let it be [Smidgen]

She watches the way she fidgets, standing there. The white lady looks at her, but her attention is divided, silvery eyes and ears flicking at every sound. And the forest is teeming with sounds. Smidge tilts her head curiously at the female, who seems to be under the impression that something is going to jump out at her. Unfortunately, Smidge herself just can't imagine what. Predators? The shadows? Maybe the sometimes eerie whispering of the late winter breezes through the trees. That could be sorta spooky sometimes, she has to admit.

But it isn't her fidgetiness that catches Smidgen the most off-guard. It isn't even the way she looks at our tiny girl suspiciously that she finds the most odd (although if she knew better, her feelings might have been a bit hurt by that. She is just a small girl who wants to be friends, not someone who means her any harm.) No, what sets the silver black varnish girl off most is the way the lady puts on a smile that isn't.. Well it isn't.. Real? Like she doesn't mean it. And the laugh that follows the too-quick answer to Smidge's inquiry puts an uneasy feeling in Smidgen's tummy that she has never felt before. Her big, blue eyes pore deep into the blanched lady's face, even all the way down from her slight height. She wants to ask more questions, to get the truth from her, but she doesn't get the chance before the woman speaks again, asking once more why she's here and if she should be with family.

Chewing on her lower lip, she sighs softly and lets her azure gaze fall from the lady's face. "I don't think I have one." She says somewhat quietly, appearing to mull it over for a moment. Family. The word is a bit forlorn to her. She knows what it is, but not really what it means, having never experienced it herself. In that same sense though, it was hard to miss something you never had. "I grew up in the foal place, and da guahdian faiwy was always vewy nice." Deep down, she knows she is supposed to have family, but such a thing hadn't been chosen for her, so she took what she had- herself- and whatever life and the fairies gave her along the way. It didn't seem like such a bad thing, she thinks.

One tiny, pale colored front hoof gently shifts on the dirt beneath it before she continues. "I like it here, wif da twees an' da aminals. I have a spot, umm..." She scans the area quickly, til she settles on a direction and gestures with her little head. "That way. There's a hole in the bottom of a twee. I s'eep there most nights." She likes her lil hidey hole. It was safe and warm and the perfect size for her to fit in. She chews on her lip again, shyly, and finally lifts her baby blues back up to the alabaster woman. "But I came here to you, 'cuz.. Well.. 'cuz you look like you need a fwend." A soft and gentle smile slips its way back onto her baby face, but the way she speaks is more bashful this time. Smidge has never really been the shy type, but then again she has never worried that someone might actually tell her no before this very moment. The thought sends a new feeling through her, causing her heart to skip a beat and then thump quicker. Our tiny girl has never felt nervous before.

Smidgen!

small in stature, not heart

Messages In This Thread
    Let it be [Smidgen] - by Münfaede - 09-15-2016, 10:43 PM
    RE: Let it be [CLponeh and/or Any] - by Smidgen - 09-22-2016, 12:34 AM
    RE: Let it be [Any] - by Münfaede - 09-27-2016, 10:00 PM
    RE: Let it be [Any] - by Smidgen - 10-08-2016, 09:50 PM
    RE: Let it be [Smidgen] - by Münfaede - 10-24-2016, 09:39 PM
    RE: Let it be [Smidgen] - by Smidgen - 10-25-2016, 01:34 AM
    RE: Let it be [Smidgen] - by Münfaede - 10-30-2016, 06:04 PM