• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Cerva;

”I’m so happy to hear that,” she whispers into the brisk autumn gale with her eyes reflecting the dappled sunlight when she looks at him. This is all she has known these last few months. Without him she would be reduced to nothing and her purpose would disintegrate. Cerva needs him but she doesn’t say this, only extends it through soft touches and gentle words. Her heart is pounding against her chest, threatening to break its chains (but why?). A lump forms in her throat and her eyes dance away suddenly to look at the changing colors of the season, distracting herself. She knows what she feels for the boy, but the words are foreign to her. They’re strange on her tongue when she toys with the idea of it. Trying to muster herself Cerva looks back to Dovev.

It doesn’t happen quickly, her admission. Other things obstruct the way of it being said and she almost begins to ramble. ”I’ve failed in finding us a home,” Magnus was deterred and she actually hadn’t put in a great deal of effort because she enjoyed his sole company, ”I’m sorry.” His warmth is reaching for her like tendrils fanning across her skin. Despite her regrets, her failures, Dovev still brings a smile to her face. Her eyes blink slowly and she savors this sweetened moment as his lips trail across her cheek. What he sees as adult adoration she sees as a child being gracious and loving toward a mother. Cerva doesn’t know the difference and has never experienced either to help decipher the contrasts.

But this nurturing moment caters to her heart. She leans earnestly into him and whispers, ”How I love you, Dovev.” She has never loved, not really, and a pang of familiarity hits her now as she associates her feelings with those words, invests her heart into that one statement.

It just seems right.

Cerva

so sorry to make you wait!

Messages In This Thread
    Cerva; - by Dovev - 10-05-2016, 08:50 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 10-07-2016, 03:01 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Dovev - 10-07-2016, 11:46 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 10-18-2016, 02:08 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Dovev - 10-28-2016, 11:10 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 11-02-2016, 04:56 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Dovev - 11-05-2016, 04:24 PM
    RE: Cerva; - by Cerva - 11-09-2016, 04:04 PM