• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd rather be a riot than indifferent; any
    Djinni's bloodline is bluer than the ocean itself, but she has no ties to the Jungle. Far back in her lineage, one small grey pony had pledged herself to the Amazons. Since then, the Dale, the Chamber, and the Deserts have seeped far deeper into her heritage than that particular mare might have wanted. Djinni had never felt drawn to the Jungle, at least not the way she is drawn to the shoreline.

She does not miss it the way that so many members of the Sisterhood seems to; she cannot imagine longing fora place when it is to the women - and not the land - that they had pledged themselves.

The grey mare is glad when Vakarian reacts in a matching manner, and she presses her small black muzzle to the other's cheek in a friendly manner, She has always been overtly physically affectionate. It is the best way to gauge others; even if thier eyes and lips lie, they are rarely able to keep it entirely contained.

When the bay mare admits to not feeling like 'one of them', Djinni doesn't react with anything more than a nod. She understands. "Beqanna is new again, but hard feelings are not so easily washed away by the sea," She says. It is not hard to miss the way that some of the women with longer ties to the Sisterhood have friction between them. It is unfortunate that their queen seems to be one of them, but Djinni doesn't feel that immediately spells doom for the coastal Nerine,

She mentions the Mountain, and a wry smile appears on the grullo mare's dark face. "I think I'd rather jump into the sea than climb that mountain again," she says, gesturing toward the distant ocean. "What was taken from me was not Beqanna's to rescind." She had meant to sound lighthearted, but the theft of her very self is not something that is so easily concealed.

"What about you, Vakarian, Did you lose anything on the Mountain?"
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd rather be a riot than indifferent; any - by Djinni - 10-03-2016, 08:20 AM