• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

will it hurt when it all burns down; moment

Let me apologize to begin with...

The way she presses into me is comforting, especially since I find myself sharing some things that are kinda tough for me. I've never shared these things with anyone before. But her wings are wrapped warmly around, and this feels so safe and right in a way I have never felt before. I feel like I could tell her anything and she would understand.

So I do, I share my most awful thing with her, and she seems to get it. I smile at her, relieved and glad that she wasn’t pushing me away, or scared or leery of me like everyone else always has been. In fact, she actually offers to help me, something no one has ever been able to do before. I press my dark muzzle a bit tentatively into her neck, a silent gesture of gratitude. ”Thank you,” I say quite sincerely in response to her offer. Perhaps it is not helpful at this minute, but that she made the offer at all is what really warms my heart. ”Maybe I’ll never have to worry about it again.” I shrug a bit before continuing. ”But it means a lot that you would help me.”

Thinking about my mom still makes me sad sometimes, but as I get older, the memories begin to grow more distant. Maybe one day I won’t even think about it at all. Of course, it has never really occurred to me that maybe it’s not my fault. I mean, I’ve always been so accident prone, and that is most definitely my fault. I guess I could never blame her for not wanting to be around me when most of the time I don’t even want to be around me. At least before, when I used to have burning rocks falling around me all the time.

But Litha, she helps me see, at least a little bit, that maybe it wasn’t all my fault. That my mom should have loved me more, even though I am so much trouble. That maybe there are answers out there.

She continues, answering my question, and that makes me a bit happy at least. Even if I don’t have family, I’m glad she still has hers, even if she can’t see them all the time. ”Good, I’m glad.” I say, nodding my head a bit. ”You deserve a family that loves you.”

And even if she won’t let me plead on her behalf, I still think that the fairy was way too hard on her. I mean, sure, Litha was angry, and maybe she said some not so nice things, but aren’t we allowed to be angry? I mean, I might have been too. Well, I probably wouldn’t have said anything, but I’m not as brave a Litha is. It’s something I really admire about her.

When she continues, saying my name in a questioning tone, I turn to look at her with curious teal eyes. It’s the first time I’ve heard her sound a bit hesitant about saying something, which makes me wonder what she wants to ask. Her actual question catches me by surprise though. My lips form a bit of an ‘o’, though no sound actually comes out at first.

No one has ever actually invited me to stay with them before, and at first I’m too shocked to really reply. When my surprise finally does wane a bit, I feel like my chest is swelling up, and for a moment, tears blur my eyes, but they aren’t sad tears. They’re happy tears. ”Oh.” I blink back the tears, swallowing before continuing. ”That’s… that’s so… nice.” Nodding a bit to vigorously, a duck my head to hide my face from her. ”I would like that. Staying with you.”

Moment

accident-prone son of Offspring and Lirren

Messages In This Thread
    RE: will it hurt when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 09-28-2016, 02:55 PM