• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

HELLBANE

I've all but just forgotten-

The importance of being one step ahead of your enemy is that you never truly have to defeat him. He can exist without problem as long as you remain on top and as long as your next move remains hidden. The best way (and Hellbane knows this because he’s witnessed it) to defeat an enemy is to know them, perhaps even better than themselves. But what does one do when their enemy is invisible, or has no touch, taste, or sound? No sense could detect magic, so how could someone so plain defend themselves against it?

This is what troubles Hellbane. It’s troubled him since he was a boy, watching his mother change her coat color to disappear into thin air. “How does one kill the unknown?” He’d asked himself, time and time again. The answer, though he doubts it was the true meaning of the lesson, was given to him by a character who’d only just begun to fade from his memory. His dam’s brother - an odd sort of horse who could shapeshift. Hellbane only met him once or twice but he remembered having nightmares of the creature for months on end afterwards. “Every gift has a flaw.” His uncle has whispered as they hunted for his mother while she hid, “Dacia may be unable to be seen, but I can smell her … I can almost hear her heart beating because I know the sound so well.”

They’d found her, of course.

Hellbane snaps back to present just in time to see he’s come across an individual not quite unlike himself. The stallion is black, from what he can tell, which is not so unusual a color, except for the striking red diamonds that link in a chain across his coat. The large bay can sympathize: his own regular color is touched by green. “Are you waiting around for something incredible to happen?” He calls out, trudging ahead so that he can close the distance between them. “Hellbane.” He breathes out in way of greeting once he’s stopped. His eyes dart out across the Field in hopes to catch some measure of activity, but to his surprise, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

-What the color of her eyes were

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Valdis - 09-25-2016, 05:47 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hellbane - 09-26-2016, 08:40 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 09-26-2016, 01:00 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hellbane - 09-26-2016, 01:29 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 09-26-2016, 01:57 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hellbane - 09-29-2016, 03:00 PM