• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Simple Grey World Looking for Sun to brighten her path.
    A transformation occurred before him, if only small and if only brief, he noticed it. She grew a little in stature, and in confidence. As though he had been some winter's dream on a cold night, she had blinked and nearly forgotten him in an instant, but now, the longer he stood there, the more real he was to her. A cool smirk pulled at his lips, toying with becoming a smile rather than a sneer. He listened, ears twitching, eyes watching and nostrils flaring. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself. the uncanniness of finding another 'Star'. He nodded slowly, catching her words, her soft chuckle. It lit the cold field with a little bit of a fire, as she seemed to awake from her dullness. Nier wanted to be able to snap like that, to shift like a chameleon through moods and feelings. But he made do with what he was, and he wasn't all bad. Perhaps the brute was biased, maybe so.

"That's quite a mouthful." he commented, with a little glint in his eye. "Your mother must have had one sense of humour." a little snark never harmed anyone, but he reined it in a bit. "Star. It's short and snappy." he blew a quaky breath, tossed his head a bit to rid of snow flurries and stiffened as she touched him.

He wasn't one for touch, no so often. His dam had never wanted to, never showed him a gentle encouraging nudge to the hide as he took his first steps. He was, to her, a hellion in all aspects. She even told him as much, but he shrugged it off. He was a handsome, strapping lad, from a young age he understood he could charm, he could manipulate but he could also try his hand, or hoof, at befriending.

"Ahh, another independant maiden. I can fully understand growing up on your own. A little compliment..." he edged closer and brought his muzzle closer to her face, he was careful as to not worry or concern her with his closeness, but the smooth and charming grin on his face should have been reassuring. "All the best learn the hard way." he gave a wink of his black lashes and took a step back, giving her some room and some personal space. his ears twitching, listening, his mind absorbing her words.

"Joke away, Star. A little bit of wit is never a bad thing." he added, then turned on the sixpence, his heels bringing themselves underneath him. Lazily he stretched one wing, and then the other. he could never stand for too long, his feet ached. That is what laziness did, made you bone-idle when it came to walking on the earth.

"I have a little piece of paradise I call home, if you'd care to accompany me? I have another little lady, like yourself. BrokenStar. So you would never be alone. Plus,' he turned closer, extending his muzzle to gently touch her side, her thin barrel. "You could use some of the lush grasses that are coming through already." his eyes brightened, behind them were questions, a few doubts, but the brute pushed them aside. He was working this well, this knight behaviour. How long could he keep it up before a mask started to crack?

He'd already lived most of his life like that, a few more days were bound to be easy.

"No strings attached. If you don't wish to follow me, then I can wait until another catches your eye -- but I'm afraid I would be far more picky than you, with whom took you under their wing." another reassuring wink and he was all set in stone. The ball was in Star's court now, and Nier had quite the amazing backhand...

n i e r;
    the SNAKES start to SING
    tyrael x amnesia
    the winged, invisible sloth demon

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A Simple Grey World Looking for Sun to brighten her path. - by Nier - 05-30-2015, 10:16 AM