• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Don't let me down - Lilitha
    Winter feels like forever. It’s officially my least favorite season, even if I’ve only experienced it the once. I didn’t mind it so much when it began, back before the world changed so dramatically. Back when my fire friend would wrap itself around me and keep me cozy and warm despite the ice and the snow and the wind. I think without my fire I’ll probably even be cold in the middle of summer, so winter is really kind of the worst.

On the bright side, my wings are really starting to grow on me. I’ve come to love the freedom and the fierce joy that comes with stretching them open and taking to the sky, flying high above the trees and the snow and just going wherever the wind takes me. I’ve even spied on the Taiga a few times from far away, catching glimpses of familiar colors and shapes, never close enough to say hello or even really see what was going on, just...just to see my family. Just for a moment. Even if it hurts, knowing I can’t go there, knowing I can’t join them in exploring their lovely new home.

And it is lovely, too, a lot like the forest I’ve spent most of my time in but...but bigger, somehow. Huge, towering trees dominate the landscape, and it looks like so much fun to run around and play in. But watching for long makes my heart hurt, so I never do more than just sneaking a quick peek, hoping to catch a glimpse of my dad just to see that he’s home and happy.

Still, even knowing it’s dumb to torture myself with might-have-been, I can’t quite seem to stop myself from stealing another look of the paradise I’ve been banished from by the land herself. And this time when I do, there’s someone creeping carefully out, looking extremely nervous about the prospect. Curiosity floods through me, and I follow her progress, coming closer as the stranger makes her way to the forest I’m starting to know so well. As she disappears into the familiar woods, I land and sneak after her, watching her progress as she creeps through the trees.

There’s anxiety in her every movement, every step, every swivel of her ears and darting glance at the shadows. I take a deep breath and steel myself to approach and say hello, but she beats me to the greeting. Or well, fine, so I maybe blew my cover tripping on a branch and scared her with the snap of my big dumb foot breaking the branch and the grunt I can’t quite prevent as I catch myself. At least I didn’t fall this time, which I guess is progress. Snorting with disgust, I shake off the embarrassment and step out from behind a few trees that had been serving as camouflage.

“Hi there,” I reply with a friendly smile. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I’m Lilitha.” No need to explain I was following her. I’d rather not come off like a stalker as well as a klutz. Somehow I doubt that would be the best first impression to make.
    Will you fight when it all burns down?

Messages In This Thread
    Don't let me down - Lilitha - by Jinju - 09-17-2016, 09:58 AM
    RE: Don't let me down - Lilitha - by Lilitha - 09-17-2016, 10:59 AM
    RE: Don't let me down - Lilitha - by Jinju - 09-18-2016, 08:54 AM
    RE: Don't let me down - Lilitha - by Lilitha - 09-19-2016, 08:52 PM
    RE: Don't let me down - Lilitha - by Jinju - 09-27-2016, 09:19 AM
    RE: Don't let me down - Lilitha - by Lilitha - 10-21-2016, 09:33 AM
    RE: Don't let me down - Lilitha - by Jinju - 10-25-2016, 08:47 AM