• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you bring out the darker side of me { ANY }
    Ruan
    Deep blue eyes, no longer brightly lit with the power of magic, scanned the forest critically. He was watchful, and stealthy. Wary. Massive wings were held tucked tightly to his sides, careful not to brush and scrape them across the sharp bark of the trees.

Silent, he was, but silence did not follow him. Without turning he could hear her behind him, trailing closely. Where his large hooves stepped with precision learned from living among the wolves, her smaller ones fell with the natural clumsiness of childhood.

The pair were matching, black for black, save for his pale blanket of plum-spots and the equally milky wings encasing his ribs. And their eyes. He almost turned to met her gaze, to reassure himself she was well, but distant sounds whispered to his sentinel ears. Halting abruptly, his head slowly turned toward the soft noises.

His sudden stop caused the young filly to bump into his hind-leg and he smiled in amusement, turning back to nuzzle her briefly but quietly. She'd learn the wolf ways too one day, he'd make certain of it. Focusing again on the cause for his concern, he listened intently.

Two females, it sounded like. He accepted the wash of relief knowing they weren't males; he wasn't sure how well he'd stand up alone against two stallions if they ran into trouble. Good thing they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Ruan gave a low whicker to the girl, beckoning her forward to lead them into the copse of females. It was always best women see other women before a man stomps through. He tapped her flank playfully as she passed him, smiling encouragingly.

Their day out would start here, a forest similar to their home. Different, but familiar. He hoped @[Jinju] would find comfort in that.

Messages In This Thread
    you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-13-2016, 10:48 PM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-14-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Ruan - 09-14-2016, 07:38 PM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-15-2016, 05:19 PM