• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you bring out the darker side of me { ANY }

Echidna doesn’t remember her mother, she was ripped away at birth and sent to train under the fire stallion. Months spent in preparation for what she would become. What her father wanted her to become, that is. Months wasted. Echidna left as soon as she was old enough, well, when she was powerful enough. Back then, under the shadow of the mountain, Echidna’s power knew no limits and she was vile and dangerous and salivating. But the point is that she doesn’t remember her mother, so there is another hole in her memory she can’t fill in.

It’s the way of life and death and war -- the only three points in existence. She knew love once or twice, or maybe she didn’t. No, she didn’t. She left them or they left her. There’s no such thing as love to her, it’s a myth, she was a myth once, too. They used to whisper about her and wonder if she were real or another figment of their imagination. Echidna liked being a myth, she liked being a monster. What is she now? That is a good question, she doesn’t quite know the answer anymore but it’s a good question nonetheless.

She’s wandering, not lost, but wandering. Her heavy feet dragging snow and ice and mud along with them. Echidna was born in the snow and she doesn’t feel the cold -- her coat is long and shaggy. Her eyes are small, pinched dots in her ugly face. They sweep tirelessly along the ground and look between the shadows, this place reminds her of the home she left so many years ago. It takes her back to a time when she was a different mare and her entire soul shakes, or maybe that isn’t true. Does she even have a soul? Oh, so many good questions.

The smell hits first, before anything else. Echidna breathes deep and exhales sharply and pauses just outside the inner ring of pine. She can see the other mare from here, watches her shiver and shake from the cold. There’s a smirk on the spotted mare’s lips, it lasts for only a second before the stony reserve of indifference reappears. 

You look cold,” Echidna says.

Quietly she slips into the clearing, she is small but bulky. She is built for the cold and it is obvious because she is primitive in design. Not sleek and shiny and smelling like salt. “You also look like you’ve got a lot on your mind, cupcake.” She says, her voice gravelly. Echidna takes a couple of steps around the other mare before she pauses, stands close enough that their noses could brush if one of them moved too quickly. But she won’t make that mistake, she won’t touch.

echidna

no care in the world

Messages In This Thread
    you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-13-2016, 10:48 PM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Echidna - 09-14-2016, 10:56 AM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-14-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: you bring out the darker side of me { ANY } - by Naga - 09-15-2016, 05:19 PM