• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY]

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

On the surface, they look very much the same as they once had. A few minor changes here and there. They are both older, perhaps a bit wiser. Heartfire has gained a scar, two rows pale tooth marks upon her chest, barely noticeable amongst the white already flecking her body. But still the same, still wholly recognizable. No, the changes cannot necessarily be seen, but they can certainly be felt.

She has lost, but she gained too. Immortality. An invisible brow raised, the faintest of smirks. ”Immortal? My, aren't you full of surprises.” Apparently they are more similar than they ever realized. Of course, she had long since recognized their similarities. Despite their vastly different upbringings, they had somehow developed personalities that complemented one another quite well. And perhaps that is why she has been drawn to him from such a young age. Why they have been drawn to each other.

She does not develop friendships. Not easily, at least. She is too abrasive, too honest in her discourse, in her action. He is the closest she has ever come, aside from her brother, of course (but he is different, her twin. They share a bond, an understanding of one another that is nearly impossible to match).

”Oh, here and there. Mostly there.” A faint glint of brief amusement glitters within her gaze before she turns, shifting so that she stands beside him. Blue eyes move to the surrounding meadow, offhandedly observing the snow coated expanse as she continues. ”It's a strange new world, this place.” Pausing, she flicks a brief, speculative glance in his direction. ”Care to share your plans?”

Knowing him, he has a plan. A grand one, no doubt. And she's curious.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And I will put enmity between you ... [ANY] - by Heartfire - 09-13-2016, 08:05 AM