• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm just a sucker for pain [strangelet/any]
    Gunsynd
    I wanna chain you up       I wanna tie you down

Ears swivel to the direction of the intruding vocalization. He is surprised to find that there are eyes looking back into his. He aches, deeply, for his old life, his old body. This body was too heavy, too solid. He felt encumbered by it, as if sleep were something he had never heeded before. He finds that his bath last night has washed off much of his lover’s scent and that only adds to the pain. She was disappearing all over again. 

They all fought the loneliness of this new and alien world into which they had been thrust. 

But they all fight onwards. What choice do they have? Of course, he had considered death. He had thought of its cold embrace as he stood in his silent vigil on the mountain’s slopes that godforsaken morning (when he had realized that his lover had been taken from him). Death had seemed the only way. But hope is the bane of the living. He had to hope against all odds that he would somehow be able to revive his mistress. He could only die after he had either succeeded or exhausted all hope. She would expect nothing less from him.

He finds that her words do not stick to his groggy brain. She has spoken, he is certain for it roused him from his nightmarish thoughts. But what she has said remains a mystery. He stares at her for some time, trying to replay the last few moments in his mind. Before he gives up, she speaks again. He finds he is relieved, though he is unsure why. 

He nods automatically and wonders if the girl has seen into his thoughts (but no, there was no invasion of his mind that came along with such power). He shakes himself awake, his dark mane no longer quite as matted and tangled as it had been before. “Gunsynd” he offers quietly. His voice still raw from the chaos of the changes. He wonders if the girl had sought him out for protection (what a thought) and he blinks away the remaining confusion of sleep.

Just in time, too. A roar erupts before them and he wheels around to see a red hued stallion with fire in his eyes charging towards them. Despite the initial shock, the black beast finds that this is almost more normal than anything else he has experienced lately. He steps forward to meet the oncoming charge, a dull throbbing anger in his dark eyes. His lips curl into a sneer. If the rabid creature wanted to start something, the monster was more than capable of finishing it.

I M   J U S T   A   S U C K E R   F O R   P A I N

@[Strangelet]
    @[Ainlif]
    Gunsynd is currently pretending to be someone else! He is now 15hh, hybrid, flea-bitten grey with clear blue eyes and goes by the name of Ginkgo. He will not have use of his traits while he is in this form. Please play as if he is simply the other persona unless your character has some sort of mind-reading. Thanks! <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm just a sucker for pain [strangelet/any] - by Gunsynd - 09-12-2016, 09:07 PM