• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

will it hurt when it all burns down; moment

Let me apologize to begin with...

Oh shoot. I didn't mean to wake her up. Crap. See? Still messing things up and I don't even have those falling stars following me around anymore. Apparently it's just me.

I sigh before lifting my teal eyes to peer at her. She's black, with a bright red mane and tail, still short, though not quite as fluffy and wispy as a really young foal’s would be. So she's a bit older, maybe almost as old as me. Or maybe older. I'm not much good at judging age, so I should probably just stop trying.

Her offer is so tempting though. It's pretty cold, and it would be so nice to have someone who actually wanted to be next to me, sharing heat. Maybe even being friends?

I try to squash the little bit of hope that springs up, but it's persistent. I can't seem to help it, but I've never had a friend before. And I want one, so badly.

Perhaps she sees my hesitation, but as she repeats her offer, I find myself unable to resist. Turning back, I offer her a little smile. ”Um, thanks. That's really nice.” Pause. ”I'm Moment. I, uh, don't really have any nicknames.”

I'm a little chagrined at that. I didn't know having a nickname was a thing before today. But maybe she won't notice that.

Stepping gingerly around her (trying not to step in her with my big, clumsy hooves. Maybe someday I'll grow into them), I lay down beside her, scooting close so I can press against the warmth of her back. I sigh again, actually almost… content is the word I guess, for the first time in a long time.

I had noticed the way she blinked back tears earlier, and I feel a bit bad for feeling kinda good. But something tells me she wouldn't want me to notice something like that, much less ask. So I rest my chin on her shoulder, doing my best to just share warmth.

”So where are you from?” I ask, because apparently I suck at not being nosy. ”Before, y’know, everything.” I don't elaborate, mostly because, well, it's pretty obvious.

Moment

accident-prone son of Offspring and Lirren

Messages In This Thread
    RE: will it hurt when it all burns down; moment - by Moment - 09-12-2016, 12:18 PM