• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  down for getting dark; ashley
    Is there an ocean nearby?

Now that got Ashley’s attention. He perked up, his ears swinging around to the front of his head, and his nostrils flared. He did smell like the ocean. No wonder he was so calm. He turned finally to examine himself, and seeing that he was indeed covered in salt, sand, and sea-life, he tossed his head and gave a rather sardonic look at his companion. “Yes, there is infact. I have just made the swim from my home to the mainland to take the mountain pass. I have recently settled an Island off the coast here, named Ischia. It is beautiful there, and it lacks snow. I take it you are fond of the ocean? I can take you there and you can live with us if that is what your heart is looking for. You will not be lost any longer.”

He tries to smile, but then gets a chance to look up at the mountain. Once again, his path has been blocked. Perhaps this was the All-mother’s way of telling him that she was not yet ready to see him. Perhaps he just needed to bide his time a little longer, to wait a little more….

To be a little more patient.

ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    down for getting dark; ashley - by Isak - 09-10-2016, 10:34 AM
    RE: down for getting dark; ashley - by Ashley - 09-10-2016, 10:46 AM
    RE: down for getting dark; ashley - by Isak - 09-10-2016, 11:00 AM
    RE: down for getting dark; ashley - by Ashley - 09-10-2016, 11:11 AM
    RE: down for getting dark; ashley - by Isak - 09-10-2016, 11:22 AM
    RE: down for getting dark; ashley - by Ashley - 09-10-2016, 12:02 PM