• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    it's been a long time coming; #teamromek
    <center> <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Bilbo+Swash+Caps" rel="stylesheet"><style> #lilithatexture {background-image:url('https://s26.postimg.io/tgxdfw309/lithatexture.jpg'); width: 500px; border: 1px solid black; box-shadow: 0px 0px 30px black; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;transition: all 1s ease-in-out;} #lilithatexture:hover {box-shadow: 0px 0px 40px #831516;} #lilithapic {background-image: url('https://s32.postimg.org/49dd61m39/lilithaforsam.png'); width: 500px; height: 707px;} #lilithapost {background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9); width: 440px; padding: 20px; color: white; text-align: justify; font-size: 9pt; line-height: 12pt;} #lilithaquote {margin-top: -150px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.9); width: 440px; padding: 20px; padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:30px; color: white; text-align: center; font-size: 18pt;font-family: 'Bilbo Swash Caps', cursive; line-height: 18pt; border-radius: 100% 100% 0% 0%; -webkit-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-moz-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-ms-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 1s ease-in-out;transition: all 1s ease-in-out; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #831516;} #lilithaquote:hover {text-shadow: 0px 0px 15px #831516;} #lilithaname {padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:5px;text-align:center;font-family: 'Bilbo Swash Caps', cursive;font-size:48px;color:#ffffff;}</style> <div id="lilithatexture"><div id="lilithapic"></div> <div id="lilithaquote">I pretend to close my eyes;<br>I pretend I'm burning bright.</div><div id="lilithapost">The wind murmurs dire imprecations in my ear, a sighing voice, dripping insults and warning, and the fire catches even more, burning brighter along my skin. <i>Call me what you will, it won’t change how I feel. It won’t change what’s fair, or what’s right. A benevolent deity wouldn’t use her power to make her people squirm and crawl and beg, especially not the ones who’ve done nothing wrong. Tell me what I did, beyond standing up for myself and the people I love when a bully tried to make all of us feel like we deserved to be punished.</i>

I can’t speak just to her, or I’d say the words out loud. But I have no doubt she can hear me, whether I use my voice or not. <i>I would not toss them away. But I will not stand by and watch someone treat us cruelly either, not without saying something. Tell yourself what you like; I sure can’t stop you. But don’t expect me to beg your forgiveness for using the voice that apparently you gave me.</i>

Relief washes through me as she tells the people I love that their home awaits, and that relief is only slightly dimmed when she turns to me and damns me. The fire that has been my friend my whole life flares up as she speaks, and the truth of her words is immediately evident. For the first time other than when it devoured my wings, the fire <i>hurts.</i> It sears through me, red hot and vicious, and I let the pain wash over me and prove what I had already begun to suspect.

Our god isn’t one of mercy and love and benevolence. This world is no friend of mine. I feel my childhood burn away as she leads my family to safety without me. And I wish them well as they fade into the distance. Perhaps someday I’ll see them again. But it won’t be because I learned how to grovel. I wait, and when they are gone, I walk back down the mountain alone, following the same path we used to ascend.

If I am to be a wanderer, I might as well get started.<div id="lilithaname">Lilitha</div></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's been a long time coming; #teamromek - by Lilitha - 09-07-2016, 07:17 PM