• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  As the Winds Blow
    He eyed the other, gaze steady as he'd spoken, gauging his reactions. The utter confusion that passed over the stallion was almost amusing, and just a small part frustrating. He managed to hide the grin that wanted to cross his maw; passion was a large part of his soul and sometimes he forgot the affect it could have on others. But after a moment, Simeon caught a subtle hint of fire in the stranger just before he'd turned away. Black tipped ears stood alert to catch his retort. Good, that was more like it. Even if his companion still held a good deal of melancholy over the whole situation bearing deep on his mind. At least there was enough in there somewhere that Sim could believe he had something left to stand for.

Nodding in agreement as he stated he couldn't do it alone, he moved to stand along-side the taller brute and followed his gaze out to the Mountain in the distance. The source of this great change, and undoubtedly where the Beqanna Fairy was holding residence as she watched over them all. Simeon took a deep breath and released it before he responded. "I believe that it will take more than either of us, amico. Perhaps more than all of us. But I think you are right in that none of us can do this alone. We need each other to make sense of all this, especially if we plan to fix anything. Maybe we needed to fix ourselves, and that's what happened." His tones were light, more musing aloud than actually conversing, although plenty loud enough to hear. The bay roan let silence weigh between them a moment before he answered the question he'd been asked.

Warm chocolate eyes shifted to meet the other's once more. "Yes. I have my life to fight for. Mia famiglia. I will find those that still stand, and together, we will work to rebuild the home we had before, or something like it. Whatever we must do." He kept his voice low, but all the same rich with his determined passion and love. He scanned over the meadow, wondering if any of his brothers or sisters wandered nearby. Uncertain if he should even scout for former Amazonians, he wondered how many he would recognize- or that would recognize him. Simeon hadn't changed much, at least not in looks, between when he'd left and the moment he'd returned. However, time could've changed those that'd lived there. This was the reason for his trek to the Jungle before it'd been torn from him, ripping away the opportunity before he'd had the chance. For now, he would seek out family and those that needed aid. Find a starting point, wherever that would be. "I'm Simeon, by the way." It made sense to offer his name, offer something. He paused for a moment, in case the same was offered. "And where will you go from here?"

Messages In This Thread
    As the Winds Blow - by Simeon - 09-02-2016, 02:14 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow - by Gunsynd - 09-02-2016, 06:52 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow - by Simeon - 09-02-2016, 07:40 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow - by Gunsynd - 09-02-2016, 08:14 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow - by Simeon - 09-04-2016, 01:43 AM
    RE: As the Winds Blow - by Gunsynd - 09-05-2016, 02:05 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow - by Simeon - 09-07-2016, 03:26 PM
    RE: As the Winds Blow - by Gunsynd - 09-12-2016, 07:53 PM