• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I See Fire; Wichita, Any

Just as winter turns slowly into spring, so were they emerging from their gentle hibernation. It started quietly enough, with new (and old) members finding their way to the borders, breathing life into the lungs of the slumbering kingdom. New and old alike, the kingdom welcomed them all with open arms. The Gates would cradle them all to her breast, indifferent to their pasts or imperfections and loving them all the same. Mast knew all to well the kindness of this kingdom and her members, and his life would be spent in her debt. He longed to see her thrive, to rise from the proverbial ashes like a golden phoenix of legend. In some way he could feel them beginning to take flight, like baby birds just learning to leave the nest. They would fail of course, but ultimately they would take to the skies.

He loved his kingdom in all seasons, but winter was perhaps his favorite. The snow and ice sparkled on the ground and branches. It was pure and untouched, delicate and strong all at the same time. In a way, it epitomized their kingdom. The gray stallion made his way easily through the kingdom, nodding and smiling at the Mother Tree who waved her icy branches in return. A part of him hated to blemish the snow with his hoof prints. But today, a new scent reaches his nose, and he smiles brightly, turning in the direction the scent had came. It doesn’t take him long to reach the trio of Jason, Fiasko, and the new mare. “Hello, all. Beautiful day is it not?” he said conversationally, coming to a halt at the side of Fiasko. He cocked a hind leg, swinging his tail idly over her fuzzy rump. “And to our newest member, many many welcomes. I’m Mast. It’s a pleasure to have you join us.” he said, smiling brightly. It was just then that he noticed the crestfallen look on her face, and he furrowed his own brow in worry. “I do hope everything is ok.” Concern laced his voice, but he didn’t push the issue. Whatever had happened in her past, she was safe here now. Though they were a kingdom woven of good, they could and would defend anyone who called this place home.

mast

be my asleep at last

Messages In This Thread
    I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-26-2015, 09:20 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 05-28-2015, 12:48 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Mast - 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-29-2015, 01:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 06-06-2015, 01:51 AM