• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I See Fire; Wichita, Any
    fiasko
    It’s a beautiful day in the Gates.  The weather is mild for the season, and the thin layer of snow sparkles brightly in the afternoon sun.  Fiasko has spent the day in walking distance of the Mother Tree, enjoying the sun while it lasts - she has no doubt the weather will take a darker turn once they are in the middle of winter.

She’s considering walking over to the river, one of her old haunting grounds as a child, when the scents of two horses reaches her nose.  One she recognizes instantly - it’s become very familiar to her over the past year - but the other is entirely new.  Curious, she decides to track down the source.

It takes her a little while - the snow makes tracking difficult - but she finds them.  Her face splits into a crooked grin the minute she spots Jason.  She still doesn’t know the stallion terribly well, but she’s come to like the blue-grey stallion.  He’s always warm and friendly to her, and clearly cares little about the mutilated state of her face.  On top of that, he’s a hard worker and his return to the kingdom has greatly benefited the Gates.  Speaking of which …

Jason isn’t alone.  At his side stands a pretty young silver dapple mare.  A new recruit perhaps?  “Hello there, and welcome to the Gates!  I’m Fiasko.”  Her single eye suddenly focuses on the mare’s coat, and she realizes the state that the newcomer is in.  “Are you alright?”

i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-26-2015, 09:20 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 05-28-2015, 12:48 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Mast - 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-29-2015, 01:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 06-06-2015, 01:51 AM