• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

R E A G A N
    Ruan
    Doubts still plagued him. He wasn't sure what this was between them. Something sudden, but powerful. Forced, but sublime. He found he ached to be at her side when he was away. His heart couldn't beat how it should without her presence. She had always been beautiful to him, but now she was the very air he needed to breathe. He couldn't be anywhere else if he wanted to. Did she feel it too?

She wouldn't need him anymore when her magic returned. He'd be useless to her. What would she do then?

He took in her scent eagerly as he nuzzled against her. Savoring all he could while he had her. He'd been starved of her presence, and he couldn't get enough. His heart flipped and soared when she leaned her weight into him, sweeping away his doubts for the time being. And when she said his name..

Ruan could hardly contain himself. He pushed harder against her without thinking, his soul trying to be with hers as it had before. "I thought you left me.." He pinched his eyes shut at her words, her tone. It hurt him that he'd left her when she needed him, wanted him around. He hadn't had a choice, but still he felt the guilt as if he'd walked away without a word or final glance.

I'm so sorry.. he thought desperately, his tongue tied with shame.

"I thought you didn't love me anymore.."
    His heart broke..
    But he stiffened at that word. Love. It was such a powerful word. One he hadn't used even with family, though Morigan of course knew he loved her. When he'd said it as a child, he could almost feel a magic tying his heart to his mother, wild and powerful. Irrevocable. Enslaving him to her well-being, her actions, for better or worse.

Did he love her? Could she know that he did before he knew it?

He was afraid to.

So the coward stayed his tongue, and only whispered "I'm so sorry, Reagan.. I am here now."

Messages In This Thread
    R E A G A N - by Ruan - 09-03-2016, 12:24 PM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Reagan - 09-03-2016, 03:19 PM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Ruan - 09-03-2016, 04:13 PM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Reagan - 09-04-2016, 07:10 AM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Ruan - 09-04-2016, 10:38 AM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Reagan - 09-04-2016, 11:03 AM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Ruan - 09-04-2016, 01:41 PM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Reagan - 09-04-2016, 02:44 PM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Ruan - 09-04-2016, 05:19 PM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Reagan - 09-06-2016, 05:50 AM
    RE: R E A G A N - by Ruan - 09-06-2016, 04:12 PM