• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

troubled sea so deep; magnus
    — find what you love and let it kill you —

Her words come like a torrential downpour, and he found that he was slightly overwhelmed by it at first, watching her with wide gold-flecked eyes and a quiet smile. He was not quite sure that he followed her story, but he did his best to keep up with the twists and the turns. When she mentioned her twin, he frowned slightly, racking his memory for the name before it sparked something distant.

“Ah, yes,” he murmured, his frown flicking upward in one corner. “I do believe I remember him, although I will say that the memory is hazy. It was a very long time ago.” Short when he considered the full breadth of his time in Beqanna, but long nonetheless. So much had happened since that encounter and Magnus met so many different faces. He did his best to keep them all sorted, but it was never his strength to remember his every single person he had ever met, no matter how hard he tried to do so.

“I hope that he is well,” he offered gently, not understanding the strange bond that the two shared. He certainly would never guess that the body he met that day was this body.

His words, however, died in his throat at her next statement, face falling slightly. “I am so sorry to hear that, Strange.” How many families had been torn apart by this latest turn of events? How many people found themselves lost—alone? It made him sick to think of all the people wandering around Beqanna with no way to find their loved ones and no way to find their way home. Home did not exist any longer.

“I’m doing okay,” he said absentmindedly, brushing off the thought of his own well-being with his concern about hers. “Could I help you find them?” he glanced around, at a loss.

magnus

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-03-2016, 04:53 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-03-2016, 05:31 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-03-2016, 10:55 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-03-2016, 11:58 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-04-2016, 12:36 AM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-04-2016, 01:51 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-04-2016, 02:08 PM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by magnus - 09-06-2016, 12:52 AM
    RE: troubled sea so deep; magnus - by Strangelet - 09-16-2016, 08:14 PM