• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm just a sucker for pain [strangelet/any]
    Gunsynd
    I wanna chain you up       I wanna tie you down

As with any trauma or crisis, the afflicted feel as if time will never go on; that they will remain fixated at this specific moment forever. Gunsynd knows better, but he feels the pangs of distress as he watches the sun begin to sink in the sky once more regardless. Just as expected, the day was ending and the sun was setting on this new and terrible landscape. And with its passing, he decides he must change as well. More will be required of him in this new world. 

He finds a deep and clear pool in the recesses of the forest and slowly wades into its depths. Unlike the last time he found himself submerged in water, he cannot force his body to welcome the liquid like air. He cannot rebuild his lungs to filter out the hydrogen from he oxygen. So he must resurface quickly to fill his normal lungs with regular old air. He stands there for quite some time. The sun finishes its descent and the moon begins to rise. 

Finally, he is too cold to remain and he drudges himself up from the pool. The sap and the pine needles that had been embedded in his pelt have disappeared. The refreshing liquid had loosened the tangled and matted locks of his mane and tale which now hung in large, simple curls still streaming with water. But there was no helping the dull look in his dark eyes - only one thing could restore their vigor. 

He trots through the forest now to warm his body and then finds a quiet spot for the night. He finds that exhaustion finds him faster than he would have expected and soon he is fast asleep, only waking with the stirring of morning birds. At first he is shocked that he is somewhere besides the Valley. Then it all comes back to him like some unwanted nightmare. He sighs deeply, wishing desperately that it all could just go back to the way it had been before.

I M   J U S T   A   S U C K E R   F O R   P A I N
    Gunsynd is currently pretending to be someone else! He is now 15hh, hybrid, flea-bitten grey with clear blue eyes and goes by the name of Ginkgo. He will not have use of his traits while he is in this form. Please play as if he is simply the other persona unless your character has some sort of mind-reading. Thanks! <3

Messages In This Thread
    I'm just a sucker for pain [strangelet/any] - by Gunsynd - 09-03-2016, 08:43 PM