• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I See Fire; Wichita, Any

A pause was held. Jason could sense the momentary hesitation, and he simply kept his pace allowing Wichita to take her time in formulating her response. It was not his intention to allow his curiosity to pry too deep, but some horses held their hand closer to their chest. He understood this need to keep secrets. He, himself, wasn’t exactly an open book. His own past held deep shadows that he didn’t care to share.

The pause broke, and Wichita spoke. Jason listened, and he was briefly taken back when she spoke of mares being property. It was a concept foreign to Jason’s life in Beqanna, but it was something he had encountered during his travels. Wichita continued, and he listened carefully with his gaze drifting to her as they walked. He could feel the tension rise with the broken honesty, and then he suddenly stopped. His hooves stopped beating the earth, and his breathing stopped. Had he just heard her correctly? Surely not- but her appearance supported the claim along with her voice and the honesty she had been forthright with.

”That’s….” He exhaled. ”That’s not okay.” His voice was stern. It felt like a fire was beginning to burn within his throat. He lifted his head, whipping it back as his face tightened almost as if he was preparing to fight. And then all of a sudden he softened. ”I am so so sorry..” He said in a much gentler tone as he approached Wichita. His nose extended forth and he gentle pressed it against her shoulder. ”So so sorry….that will not happen here.” Once he pulled away from her his eyes set forward and he recognized the familiar scent of the Gates. ”We’re here”
    jason
    magical son of eol and ashling

Messages In This Thread
    I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-26-2015, 09:20 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-26-2015, 11:59 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 05-28-2015, 11:51 AM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 05-28-2015, 12:48 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Mast - 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Wichita - 05-29-2015, 01:52 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Jason - 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM
    RE: I See Fire; Wichita, Any - by Fiasko - 06-06-2015, 01:51 AM