• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    You're brought back, but you're running -- Topsail
    Were any of us really conventional? This new Beqanna seemed to undo all ideas of convention. Beqanna had been a land rife with talent, lore, power, and might. The Fairy had seen to it (had been so kind, even) to allow equine of every type and form to flourish here. There was actually very few and far between that could be called ‘normal'. In Beqanna ‘normal' is (or was?) being touched by some form of trait - physical, mental, ethereal.
    But unlike you, Eight’s power was not what allowed him to communicate. Yes, it gave him a power unlike any other- the world was at his command. But he was never imprisoned by it. While he too felt the nakedness of losing what had made him <I>the magician</I> - it did not bind him in silence. It did not shut him off from the world.
    The touch was brief, but spoke everything. Before, they had been king and queen- a coupling made simply because they worked well , because the Valley needed them, because they needed the Valley. But upon the surge of their meeting, the brief touches between them- it became more. They were no longer monarchs side by side, they were worried (did Eight ever really worry?) parents, thrown from the throne and split from the members they cared about. Now, it was more.
    <I> “Gone. All gone. There is land below the mountain, but there seems that is much unexplored. I'm sure the children are there somewhere. This seems not to be out of ill will towards us, but something else. “</I> He looks out across the changed lands before returning to face her once more, sorrow riddling for her. <I> “ I know you can't. You can speak up here, but we cant stay here for long. We need to find others. I have a feeling more change is in the air, you know Beqanna never plays lightly. “</I> He nudges her shoulder lightly. <I>”I'm here. And they know you have no words without your telepathy. It will be ok. ‘

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You're brought back, but you're running -- Topsail - by Eight - 09-02-2016, 02:52 PM
    RE: You're brought back, but you're running -- Topsail - by Underwood - 09-02-2016, 03:11 PM