• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i won't back down. || family, friends, tundrans
    She'd heard the call of the king, even with how far away she was. It tugged at her heart; it was a warning to the residents of the once-beautiful Tundra, that something was amiss. Something was happening to the land of Beqanna...

As the call had echoed out, the land had begun to quake beneath her hooves. Thanata did not freeze as she might have in previous years; the time in the Tundra had done her some good. She was now a bit more independent, and somewhat more spoken, able to talk to others without freezing up. As Offspring set off the warning, Thanata had begun to gallop deeper into the kingdom to check if any other residents were still there.

The shaking of the earth had worsened, tripping up the mare a number of times. The final time it had messed up her stride, the mare had fallen to the ground, scraping up both of her front knees. It hadn't hurt her that much, for the wound was not severe, but it still hurt some to walk, since with every step she had to bend the joint.

When the mare came to her senses, everything was different. Way more different than anything she'd ever seen. None of the familiar kingdoms were around her; she did not recognize anything, or the horses around her for that matter. That thought immediately freaked her out; where were the others of the Tundra? Why were there so many horses up on this... mountain?

Thanata didn't know exactly where she was. She walked around some, mostly limping, and came to the conclusion that the lands of Beqanna had created a single mountain right in the middle, and that is where most of the horses were. Seeing that some horses were heading down the mountain, she concluded she should do the same; maybe she'd spot some of her fellow kingdom members down at the base. Horses she knew, would help her feel calm.

It took some time, but eventually, she'd gotten to the mountain's base. She spent some time of the day looking around the other horses here, seeing if she recognized any of them. At first, no results. She thought she spotted a grulla dun, a mare she'd seen wandering around the Tundra, possibly a new recruitment. But before she'd even had a chance to join, the kingdom had changed.

What had Beqanna done? Or rather, what had the horses done that caused the land to react in this way? Why had everything changed so drastically? Was this to be the punishment of the residents of the land? Thanata really hoped that wasn't the case, but she'd lost hope the minute she woke up.

The mare then smelled a familiar horse coming her way. She turned, her long forelock falling over her right eye. Squinting to see a bit better, she was elated to find out that the horse she smelled was indeed familiar to her; it was Offspring, the king of the Tundra. It seemed he was on the lookout for someone, so Thanata decided that she would help him.

Limping her way over to the king, the mare dipped her head, glad to see a familiar face, "King Offspring... I am glad to see you are well..."

Then, she realized that a familiar mare was not with him, "Was Isle not with you when you awoke? If you are searching for her, I will help."

Messages In This Thread
    i won't back down. || family, friends, tundrans - by Offspring - 09-02-2016, 02:01 PM
    RE: i won't back down. || family, friends, tundrans - by Thanata - 09-02-2016, 02:09 PM
    RE: i won't back down. || family, friends, tundrans - by Offspring - 09-05-2016, 12:45 PM
    RE: i won't back down. || family, friends, tundrans - by Offspring - 09-07-2016, 10:44 AM