• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

somebody that i used to know

Wolfish

He pushes his way through the tight group looking for his sister. Something is happening, and as much as he wants to find out, taking care of his twin is the first thing to cross his mind. He hears his mother’s cry, and immediately pivots his head to search for her. It takes him a few moments to break through the crowd of sweaty bodies, but when he does he rushes into a canter. Catching up with them he touches Steris’ shoulder reminding her that he is there for her.

Just as he worked through the group he listens to the conversations learning what it is that is happening. Growing up here had not been the most pleasant experience for himself. Respect for his father had run thin a long time ago, and with this action Wolfish couldn’t decide if it had completely disappeared, or if it had established a thin strand of respect for the other’s wisdom in the matter. It mattered little to him what these two did, he was going to be leaving soon anyways. The bay yearling didn’t want to drag his twin around with him to fairies know where, where he wasn’t sure that she would be entirely safe. Yet here he stood, with a decision to make… no there was no decision, there was only one path for him. Steris, come with me. He begs her with his eyes, We can travel, and see the world together.

She had to come, mother wouldn’t take care of her forever. Father would put her in more danger, at the least, or abandon her completely. She needed him, as much as he needed her. He begins to nudge at her before beginning his own trek to the field. Maybe there, they could learn of a place to live together. Away from their father, away from the so called love and faithfulness that didn’t seem to exist in this world. For a moment he glares at the other stallion, such a weakling, such a failure, a horse that didn’t deserve the pining women that chased after him. Well he wouldn’t be sorry to see him go, after all it had been himself, and Besra that had kept the herd safe, far safer than Phaedrus ever could have.

They had very little freedom, but the had a protector.

Messages In This Thread
    somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Phaedrus - 08-31-2016, 02:45 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 08-31-2016, 03:35 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 08-31-2016, 04:08 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Vakarian - 08-31-2016, 06:39 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Clarisse - 08-31-2016, 11:29 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 09-01-2016, 12:23 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 09-01-2016, 04:39 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 09-01-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Phaedrus - 09-01-2016, 09:57 AM