• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

somebody that i used to know
    He scans the group one last time. A few things coming to mind that the other stallion should be aware of. Sirana there is required to be active in the Dale as well as the herd. You have an alliance with Cobblestone Creek through her if she fulfills her duties. He looks to Vakarian as she approaches a wavering in his resolve when the pained look in her eye reaches him. What is there to say? I’m not around enough to protect you, or the others. I wasn’t even around for most of their childhood. Its more dependable of me to give you a home where not only will you be safe, but also allow you all to stay together. At least this way you won’t be losing all your family. He will be much more devoted and focused on your needs then I could ever be. If you object and want to choose a different path for your life, then this would be your opportunity to leave the herd. He gestures towards the other mares insinuating the family that he was referring to.

It only takes him a moment to notice few mares that he had never seen before, this too made his head hang heavy, he didn’t even know a few of the members in the herd. How much more than that would it take for them to see that the only thing he couldn’t fail at is disappointment? Just remember, if I hear a single complaint of treatment, I will kick your ass. He didn’t think the other stallion would mistreat them, but still the mares had become a sort of family to him and reminding the other to take care of them wouldn’t harm anyone. Even if he couldn’t fall in love with any of them, he still felt the close bond of friendship, and fatherly care, that drove him to protect them in the best way he knew how. Kicking this guy’s butt wouldn’t be that difficult. He looks for Besra, but he doesn’t see her anywhere. Maybe in another life he could have loved her, one where kingdoms, and duties didn’t consume his soul. One where peace seemed obtainable to him. Yet here he was, once again sacrificing comfort and love for kingdom and duty.

Clarisse’s words hit him in full force pulling him away from those thoughts. He turns to look her in the eyes, You’re an adult now my daughter, you can forge your own path. You don’t need me anymore. He wouldn’t make her stay with this stallion, she was still his daughter. He expected as much from all of them, if they hadn’t fought the decision, then it would have shown him how little he actually knew them. He took comfort in the fact that they made their minds known, and found himself smiling tenderly at this thought. It wasn’t like he had picked the most laid back mares, nor had he picked weaklings that couldn’t take care of themselves. The whole lot of them would be fine, they would find their strength, and life in each other. They had taken care of themselves for the most part in his herd land, they didn’t need him in the past, they wouldn’t need him in the future. Its only then that he turns to go, walking into the trees towards his kingdom, and the work that he had to accomplish there.
    OOC: Blehhh, sorry for the crappiness of the post.

Messages In This Thread
    somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Phaedrus - 08-31-2016, 02:45 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 08-31-2016, 03:35 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 08-31-2016, 04:08 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Vakarian - 08-31-2016, 06:39 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 08-31-2016, 09:56 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Clarisse - 08-31-2016, 11:29 PM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Sirana - 09-01-2016, 12:23 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Wild Hope - 09-01-2016, 04:39 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Njenyi - 09-01-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: somebody that i used to know - by Phaedrus - 09-01-2016, 09:57 AM