• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Swing Low

Manhattan’s ears flicked as he watched the antics of the young mare—pleased to see that she was happy with her surroundings. For of all the places he’s been, these lands had never seemed like home to him before now. Having found the anchor that would hold him together, he now wished to pass along his good fortunes to another, and this young woman seemed just the right kind to be brought into the fold. She was young, and full of life and energy, and seemed legitimately happy despite the earlier source of tension she was giving off earlier.

He waited for her to acknowledge his presence as he approached slowly, aware that there was another male nearby. Unfortunately for him, Manhattan had no patience for time-wasters. He noticed that the lady dropped her shoulder and faced him, making herself more open to the approach of another. When she introduced herself as Lanika, Manhattan straightened up to his full height, his sleek pelt curling around his muscles showing that he was not someone that should be easily messed with.

The other male’s approach from behind went in the direction of Manhattan’s jugular vein—such an obvious maneuver that a child could have guessed it. Manny ducked to avoid the unprovoked attack, and skirted his body away to avoid a second counter. Why Willoway thought he would have had enough room to rear after being so close as to attempt a bite on Manhattan’s throat however, was something that simply caused the liver-colored stallion to raise a proverbial brow at—for there simply would not have been enough room to attempt such a maneuver without knocking them both flat on their feet.

Strangely enough, this rude stallion says nothing but pins back his ears with a delightfully sour appearance to his emotional countenance… leaving Manhattan both in awe and a bit bemused that an adult would attempt such a childish act. He shakes his head, his mane exposing his neck again, as if begging the other stallion n to try again.

In the meantime, he turns his full attention to Lanika, his every presence aware of what was going on around him. “Well then, Lanika, I hope to one day be able to call you a friend, so that I may be able to call you Lani. Have you no home as yet? I cannot offer a herd, but what I can give you is the safety and protection of the Kingdom of the North. The Hidden Tundra has lasted for hundreds of years, and is definitely worth the visit if you have not yet explored outside these lands.”

MANHATTAN
    Baby, I'm from New York,
    Concrete jungle where dreams are made of;
    there's nothing you can't do.

Messages In This Thread
    Swing Low - by Lanika - 08-30-2016, 11:23 PM
    RE: Swing Low - by Willoway Free Spirit - 08-31-2016, 02:59 AM
    RE: Swing Low - by Manhattan - 08-31-2016, 03:59 AM
    RE: Swing Low - by Lanika - 08-31-2016, 10:28 PM
    RE: Swing Low - by Willoway Free Spirit - 09-01-2016, 04:26 AM
    RE: Swing Low - by Manhattan - 09-01-2016, 04:58 AM
    RE: Swing Low - by Lanika - 09-01-2016, 04:40 PM